HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Heater Body Suit (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/311940-heater-body-suit.html)

BigBuck95 12-08-2009 07:15 AM

Heater Body Suit

I watch Jim Shockey and his Yukon guides on TV and they swear by this thing called the Heater Body Suit. Does anyone own won, and, if so, does it work as well as it claims to? Thanks to anyone providing help
BigBuck95 :cool15:

bugsNbows 12-08-2009 01:20 PM

Nope. Too expensive and not necessary for me.

kevin1 12-09-2009 07:38 AM

It's nothing but a sleeping bag with sleeves, and not much better than one of those silly Snuggie pieces of crap they sell on tv. Go find some Arctic Shield gear, it's lightweight and warm as toast. I work outdoors a lot, and AS bibs have me sweating sometimes. I have to take off my coat occasionally even when temps are in the teens.

Will_C 12-09-2009 08:12 AM

They are just a sleeping bag with legs and suspenders. If I were to hunt in negative temperatures, I would just buy a minus 20 sleeping bag and wrap my legs and torso in it.

Will

MNDan 12-09-2009 08:27 AM

None of the people who have responded have one. I have one. They are awesome! Wouldn't go hunting without it and totally worth the money IMHO if you hunt where it's cold. They will last forever & you'll be glad you got one every time you zip in and enjoy being warm! And one secret benefit - you'll shoot better because you won't have a ton of bulky clothes on when you go to take the shot!

redmag 12-09-2009 04:29 PM

I have had one for 4/5 years now and have used it very little. I found it easy to wear and get out of for the shot. However, I have not found it to be the cure-all for being cold. Then again I get cold very easily. Forgot that my son-in-law has one and he swears by it as being warm.
Jim

yasar666 01-03-2010 07:19 PM

it rarely gets that cold down here to justify buying one. the coldest i can remember hunting in is around 8 or 12. of course, that was with little wind. i can't speak from having used it, but the biggest turn off for me (just by looking at it) would have to be that the fact it looks hard to get out of quickly. some times, you only have seconds to make that decision to take an animal.

sproulman 01-05-2010 06:43 PM

i use kids camo sleeping bag for 15 dollars at wal-mart.i use clip on suspenders to hold them up above my shoulders or under my arms .you want kids bag because its right length,regular bag is too long.
send me a pm if you dont understand how i use mine.........

sproulman 02-19-2010 10:24 AM

heater body suit

we have video on you tube on heater suit. just do google of HEATER BODY SUIT VRS WARMBAG.
now, HBS is great. its not perfect, what is?
its quality and built in usa and VERY warm.its comfortable, you dont need to wear heavy jacket.

THATS GREAT IN ITSELF, NO MORE HEAVY FEELING.your hands stay warm and your feet.

now here are not perfect things.you let heat out a little when you pull zipper down. not a big problem but brrrrrrrrr,if its cold out.
it is bulky and you have to practice getting in it in a climbing treestand.
thats it.
its worth it as all clothes and boots we wear cost more than that and you will still not be as COMFORTABLE in wind/rain etc as being inside a HBS.

you all know i would not rec something that is not nice. HBS is, its not perfect but a very nice to have.i am getting older and cant take cold like i used too.tried everything.this thing is real nice in a tree or sitting on stump.
but i went with WARMBAG but your topic was HBS......

hatchet jack 02-21-2010 07:34 PM

I have one and love it!!!! Its works great and is well built. Easy to carry, it keeps you warm no matter how cold it is.

Hatchet Jack