Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rubber boots

Old 02-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default boots

i like LACROOSE APLHA LITES.you can get them with a zipper down side too.
i use uninsulated ones in archery and i use 1500gram lacroose ones in gun season when cold.
uninsulated ones can get a hole in them from things in woods that puncture them.the 1500 ones are heavier...

but of all boots i wore over 46 yrs,the LACROOSE fit real nice.also i got same size in boot in archery as my foot was as i wear a light pair of socks.on the 1500 ones i got 1 size bigger.if you are doinf a lot of sitting like in treestand,i would get 13.this way you can put on more socks.my feet are tight a little if i use heavy wool sock in the 1500.

best thing to do is go to boot shop and take your hunting socks with you and try on boots with those socks.

then you can order on internet if you like and know size of boot you want.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Spike

Default LaCrosse Alpha Burly

I have been wearing the LaCrosse Alpha Burly rubber boot for years and can vouch for their comfort, durability, and ease of getting on and off. The neoprene construction has enough stretch to let the boot conform to my odd-shaped feet. I just did a video review of them on my blog http://pursuithunting.blogspot.com/2...t-hunting.html
Old 03-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

if your buyign insulated i like the gander mtn's great boots for the money. made field and streams top gear of 2009 list. although i wear ganders i like the dream season boots, much more comfy.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

I love the lacrosse, water proof not too hard to get on off, as far as socks just make sure to wear some, i was forced to come home without socks due too not being prepared with other supplies and i dont know wether the sore feet were worse than the smell.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

2 top rubber boots are MUCK MAX/LITES and LACROOSE ALPHA BURLEYS.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Pursuit Hunter
I have been wearing the LaCrosse Alpha Burly rubber boot for years and can vouch for their comfort, durability, and ease of getting on and off. The neoprene construction has enough stretch to let the boot conform to my odd-shaped feet. I just did a video review of them on my blog http://pursuithunting.blogspot.com/2...t-hunting.html

NICE video. here is best prices on boots. they do not list all so you have to call to get price on a boot you want.

www.bootbox.com
Old 03-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

I live in walmarts 20$ boots.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Spike

Muck boots are very comfy, but, very warm. I wouldn't want to go too far in cold weather and have to sit for a while afterwards without some moisture wicking socks.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 209jones
Muck boots are very comfy, but, very warm. I wouldn't want to go too far in cold weather and have to sit for a while afterwards without some moisture wicking socks.
when i walk in to my stand in cold any distance,i put a light pair of socks and a wal-mart bag between sock and boot. then at stand, i put on fresh socks,liner and wool one, brrrrrrrrrr,its cold but my feet stay dry.