Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Boot Question

Old 10-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Spike

I have been a fan of LaCrosse boots for years. I have owned 2 pairs in 14 years and won't buy another brand. They are durable, warm and comfortable. i wear them not only for deer but also for bird hunting as well.

As for the post above about rocky boots, my dad and brother both bought pairs of them a few years ago and I saw that exact thing mentioned above happen. The rubber fell apart in checks and overall they wern't terribly comfortable (especially for the price).

As for socks, I boguht a pair from sportmans gear daily last year. They are two layers and apparently do some sort of moisture wicking deal. I wore them last year in Maryland and thought they did well. The season had some moderate temps but I felt like overall when it did get below 40 degrees, my feet stayed warm.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

I have a pair of Danners lace to toe with 400g Thinsulate and I wear a ultralight liner sock. I have had these boots for 7 years, are the most comfortable footwear I own except for my fuzzy slippers and my feet only got chilled once(last fall when I was driving home after packing out an elk in 1 foot of snow, but I think that was just due to sweating too much). The biggest downside to them is that they are big heavy SOBs, which is why I stick to my hiking boots when silence is a necessity and I won't be packing out over 80 lbs of meat. I have had them re-soled once and will wear them until they fall off my feet.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

I have Lace up 1200 Insulate wore them over the last month when it was cold and relatively warm. Got them from Sportsman Guide. They have a huge selection.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:28 AM
kb1
Fork Horn

i live and hunt in upstate ny and have been using the same boots for cold weather for 17 years,lacrosse rubber boots with the thick wool felt removable liners.the tread has pretty much worn off now so i do slip around in the snow abit but how can i complain.they were exspensive buthave paid for themselves many times over....karl
Old 10-29-2009, 07:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by kb1
i live and hunt in upstate ny and have been using the same boots for cold weather for 17 years,lacrosse rubber boots with the thick wool felt removable liners.the tread has pretty much worn off now so i do slip around in the snow abit but how can i complain.they were exspensive buthave paid for themselves many times over....karl
Guard them and keep em going. Lacrosse doesn't make them like that anymore. All come from China and they are junk as compared to when they came from LaCrosse WI. I just bought a pair of Muck Woody Max on the elk trip out to Colorado at a Cabelas in KC. I haven't worn them yet but plan to try them out in the Vermont rifle season. Good reviews and they are supposed to be warm and water tight. I expect that with the later season this year we will have planty of snow to contend with. Knee high rubber boots are always what I wear here.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

Cabela's "Inferno Pac 2000
100% Water Proof
2000 Grams of Thinsulate
$139.99