Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Lone Wolf Stands: Worth The Extra $$? >

Lone Wolf Stands: Worth The Extra $$?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Lone Wolf Stands: Worth The Extra $$?

Old 10-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Lone Wolf Stands: Worth The Extra $$?

I bought many brands of treestands in my career; except Lone Wolf. Once I saw that price tag I couldn't get over why it's even worth looking at. Now years later they seem to be all the rage. I can't fathom why people would buy them.

Now myself, I'm a guy who had at one time, had 27 manufactured treestands in the woods at one time. LOL! So that says I love the sport. Back in the day, our local fleet store had API Alum-I-Locks 100m's for only $90. I had several Loc-On brands too.

Now I see these Lone Wolfs around the $200 mark and slightly higher and can't imagine myself getting a 1/2 dozen of those!

I'm thinking of getting one now to have one that I can carry on my back and setup once I see sign. What I'm looking from you is....

"Why are these treestands worth it?"

"What features do you like about these stands?"

Any feedback, good or bad, you can give me about these stands, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

iSnipe
Old 10-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in the "think they're worth it" camp. I own a Alpha hang-on. This is why: First of all they are squeekless. They are rock solid steady when up. They are ambidexturous, meaning you can put them on a tree from either side. The platform is adjustable for tree angle. The tree hook system is easy to put up. You don't have to have three free hands to do it. You can have multiple hooks in multiple trees, making relocating even easier.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:22 AM
Typical Buck

I own the alpha climber, I like the cast base as opposed to the fabricated ones . Its a nice light weight and quiet stand.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

While doing my studies on these, a trusted source, big buck bowhunting freak, says the stands are quiet. Guess your impressions are the same. Can't stand a stand that squeaks. Nothing like not being able to move a muscle in fear of driving off the deer around you. LOL!

One thing I like is the way you can see through the stand, whereas some stands have a design that makes them look like a blob.

Thanks for the feedback.

iSnipe
Old 10-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

I have the Alpha Hang-On along with the Lone Wolf climbing sticks, and I don't think a better setup for bowhunting exists. Deadly quiet, adjustable platform angles, and fairly light. Go get it!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

Honestly if you've bought that many stands, then you already know why many are cheap, they squeak and rattle, heavy etc..... Go buy one, you are out nothing, cause if you don't like it, there are guys lined up to buy it from you.
Dandbuck
Old 10-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I personally don't understand why anyone would own one and pay the money for one.

I like big platform stands, ie ladder stands, shooting rails, arm rests,

every stand I've seen of theirs has been tiny, lightweight sure but I don't pack in stands everytime I hunt...

I also sit on stand all day, so a tiny platform and tiny seat, with no arms, etc...that things just asking for me to fall out of, no thanks.

they might work for some guys, but ya no thanks.

Just checked out their product line....who can sit in one of those stands for more than 2hrs? do most guys just hunt mornings and evenings for less than 2hrs? that tiny seat...

I like lightweight and quiet, but tiny seat? no falling asleep in that tiny thing....lol.

Last edited by salukipv1; 10-15-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by salukipv1
I personally don't understand why anyone would own one and pay the money for one.

I like big platform stands, ie ladder stands, shooting rails, arm rests,

every stand I've seen of theirs has been tiny, lightweight sure but I don't pack in stands everytime I hunt...

I also sit on stand all day, so a tiny platform and tiny seat, with no arms, etc...that things just asking for me to fall out of, no thanks.

they might work for some guys, but ya no thanks.

Just checked out their product line....who can sit in one of those stands for more than 2hrs? do most guys just hunt mornings and evenings for less than 2hrs? that tiny seat...

I like lightweight and quiet, but tiny seat? no falling asleep in that tiny thing....lol.
To each his/her own. I couldn't count the number of times I've done ALL DAY hunts with my LW sit and climb. I have a cushion I use with my stand, so sitting all day isn't a problem. The cost is relative to the quality of the stand. Super quiet, sturdy/secure, light weight (probably the lightest), quality construction, and packs very nicely. Oh, did I mention SUPER QUIET?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok here's what i don't understand. every good thing mentioned above i can also say about Summit's. Summit's are all welded, making them quiet in the woods, light weight, rock solid, comfortable AND $100-$150 cheaper than Lone Wolf's. ya'll keep buying those over priced LW's and leave the Summit's for me!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lone wolf stands were great............................................. .for Andre D.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.