Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

therma cell question

Old 09-20-2009, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default therma cell question

Just bought one for the first time. My question is the directions say to lay it flat on a stable surface for use but yet if you buy a holster for it than you would be using it vertically. Any feed back on this. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:51 AM
JW
Super Moderator

it works both ways.

I usually hang it behind or in front of me depending on the wind.

Or wear it on a belt.

The little blue pad will turn smokey white when used up. Want to make those last longer?

After use wrap in a piece of tinfoil.

JW
Old 09-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

VA, I noticed the same thing? If you go tot he web site they show it hangin vertically however the instructions say it must be horizontal?

I'm thinking the heat will work on the pad better if horizontal however it apparently works ok hanging vertical?
Old 09-22-2009, 05:59 AM
Spike

I use mine vertical with no problems. The little fuel cell is pressurized so it shouldn't matter.

And by the way....if my thermocell breaks, i will buy another. And if that one breaks, I will buy another. The damn thing just works!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

therma cell the best thing since lubed trojans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use mine the same way. Flat on the ground when I'm in the blind and vertical in it's holster when on stand. Works great either way. I will never go to the woods without my Thermacell.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've always used mine in the horizontal position, either on the stand or strapped to a tree limb with the holster. Good to know it works vertically as well though.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Spike

I am glad this was posted. I was wodering the same thing. I plan on using mine here in a few days when the season starts. It will be a whole lot easier for me to use it vertically when in a tree stand than horizontally. I would like to hang it from my easyhanger.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

The reason the instructions say to use it horizontally is a government (EPA) standard. They wont allow Thermacell to list other means of use. They (EPA) don't want Thermacell to advertise it for use while attached to yourself or any other way because of a pressurized butane cartridge and the fire risk. Thermacell has NEVER had an issue with the cartridges or any fire issues. You can clip it to your pack or belt and as long as you aren't moving too fast (running or riding an ATV) it will work just fine.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

HA! So now we know the Rest of the story!! Figured it had to be something like that..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.