Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Ol' man tree stand just bought it. >

Ol' man tree stand just bought it.

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Ol' man tree stand just bought it.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Spike

Default Ol' man tree stand just bought it.

Well, I just bought what I think will be one of the best climber tree stands I have ever owned. I purchased the ol' man multivision grand climber. Just taking it out of the box gave me such a feeling of relief, since the ones I have purchased in the past are just a nightmare to set up and get into the tree. I mean the set up on this is super easy, fast, and the construction is fantastic. Yes it is a little heavy but not as heavy as the rest I have owned. Does anyone out there own one of these stands. If so what do you think about it? I am hearing alot about the summits, and vipers but not one thing about the Ol' man.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

i've owned two ol'mans one original style which i still love and use the most leaving the summit viper at home most of the time.
the other i got rid of, it didnt bite the tree like i wanted it to. could of modified it but didnt it was a multi vision i think, it had a carbon bottom think the angle of the bar with teeth on it didnt have a good angle to wedge on the tree just on the bottom part
the top part bite great
Old 09-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

I have hunted out of one for a long time, love it
Old 09-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

The most miserable afternoon sitting in a tree stand was in an Old Man. That net seat was impossible for me to get comfortable in. I'll never buy one, hope you have better luck.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:44 AM
Spike

Yeah, I think this one is all steel no carbon in this one.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:46 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
The most miserable afternoon sitting in a tree stand was in an Old Man. That net seat was impossible for me to get comfortable in. I'll never buy one, hope you have better luck.
I hopr it works out better than that, That sounded horrible.