Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Lone Wolf Hand Climber!!!

Old 12-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Spike

Default lone wolf alpha sit and climb

Good information for one to care about lone wolf alpha sit and climb. Hope you find it good!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thanks for the review

I never accept any product as universal. I like to see honest downsides for people and downsides for products.

I use an old model climbing stand. It weighs 21 pounds, which is much too heavy for some to lug into and out of the woods. The stand get zero marks from anyone with a bad back.

If you have any arm or leg strength problems, you could be in trouble, especially going up a tree.

You may have gained too much weight so you don't always fit into the tree stand package, twenty five feet off the ground.

My stand required two main things. Stay in physical shape and have some arm and leg strength. As I aged, it required off-season training for the tree stand and the archery.

Few of us are in the shape of the trained twenty year old paratroopers. And some of us ain't ever going to get close.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Spike

I bought a sit and climb!
First it's expensive, heavy, and the most uncomfortable stand I have ever sat in. It's rated for 350#'s I weigh 225# and you better be one narrow ass 300#er, because it's torture for me and I got a 35" waist. The platform is nice and big and looks "cool" but that is the only selling point!

Those plastic straps look like the square edge tubing them fit in could cut them if not aligned perfectly on the tree!