Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Bought me some rage broadheads!! >

Bought me some rage broadheads!!

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Bought me some rage broadheads!!

Old 11-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Spike

Default Rage experience

I bought the two blade rage and loved them at first. Shot a bobcat and it was ruthless. I shoot a bowtech defender with carbon express maxima hunter 350 with the two blade rage and out of the bow around 290fps. I have shot four deer, one kneck shot two shoulder shots, and one quartering away shot. I have recieved one pass through and recovered three deer. DO NOT hit bone or you will be disappointed. It seams if you don't have the perfect shot, your arrow will run out of gas and the animal will run with your arrow.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default i'll pray for u

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 12-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Spike

try the nap spitfires you wont be disapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go to the nap web-site and watch the videos on them there AWSOME!!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Spike

I bought me a set of 100gr. rage 2 blades and decided to test them out on a goat that was destroying my buddies food plots. He walked out at about 35-40 yards and took my shot and there was a little bit of a crosswind so i ended up hitting him in the sholder and the arrow bounced off of him. My bow is the TecHunter Extreme which is made for gander mountain by bowtec. the draw weight is 65# so that wasn't the reason. I switched to MUZZYS and havnt had any problems MUZZYs are the best.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Pros and cons, everywhere i have read reviews. Personally, i like to find out for myself. I have been shooting rage broadheads for three years now, and I have had good luck with them. No broadhead on the market is going to be flawless, all are going to have some negative things. The only negative thing i have found on rage broadheads, is if you hit bone on a quartering shot it will occasionally deflect. I have hit bone on a straight up broadside shot and the rage cut it like hot butter.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

first buck i shot ever and with a rage 2 blade it was late and couldnt find blood with the candle of a flash light i was using till the sun came up and the woods were coverd in red didnt know how but he went may be 25 yards if that i walked right past him with in 4 yards and didnt see him the night befor but found him hole is so big i could have drove my truck through it lol
Old 01-31-2010, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

They work very good for me. Make sure the orings are doing their job and try not to hit the shoulder bone. Cutting through several ribs should be no problem to get a pass thru.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Another thumbs up for the "Rage brand"!!!!! These heads are the real deal!!