Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
Has anyone used this rangefinder? >

Has anyone used this rangefinder?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Has anyone used this rangefinder?

Old 05-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Take the advise from someone who has bought a range finder from Wildgames Innovations, GO ELSEWHERE !!! Mine doesn't work half the time and I've also had trail cameras from the same company that are absolute junk. Spend the little extra and get something that will work and last longer.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Spike

I've been happy with Bushnell, Nikon, Leica, and Swarovski. Those are in order of price, too. I wish I had my money back on the Swarovski. It's great but not worth the money. The Leica was the best.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:57 PM
Spike

hello everyone!! I'm new on huntingnet forum. my Hobby is hunting. in last month I went to montana for hunting ELK with my new vortex ranger 1000. It was awesome.
I think this is the best one in cheap rate. But if it’s not, than it would be very kind that you suggest me the best…

Last edited by marcofran1989; 11-14-2017 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by marcofran1989
hello everyone!! I'm new on huntingnet forum. my Hobby is hunting. in last month I went to montana for hunting ELK with my new vortex ranger 1000. It was awesome.
I think this is the best one in cheap rate. But if it’s not, than it would be very kind that you suggest me the best…
The Ranger $1000 tends to run $380. The Sig Kilo 2000 and 2200LRF can be found for the same price, and the Sig's are faster with a tighter beam divergence, and more than twice the range. There have also been sales this year on Bushnell Elite 1 Mile which also ranges more than twice as far as the Vortex, and some sale prices were under $300. Not hard to beat the Vortex ranger.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:00 AM
Spike

I'm thinking of using just like one of our normal IR or ultrasonic rangefinders but at a longer distance. The rangefinder would be mounted on a servo on the front of my robot.

My current setup has a small ultrasonic rangefinder on a servo that pans the 180 degrees in front of the robot and records the distance at each degree. Then servo continues to search by panning back and forth across those 180 degrees and comparing the distance at each degree. If the current distance doesn't match the recorded distance then the robot knows that someone or something has approached, and will react accordingly by destroying it with a death ray (okay, so maybe its just a laser pointer
Old 12-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
The Ranger $1000 tends to run $380. The Sig Kilo 2000 and 2200LRF can be found for the same price, and the Sig's are faster with a tighter beam divergence, and more than twice the range. There have also been sales this year on Bushnell Elite 1 Mile which also ranges more than twice as far as the Vortex, and some sale prices were under $300. Not hard to beat the Vortex ranger.

Do the Sigs have a min on the yardage they will display? I'm a cheap son of a gun and would like it for longer shots and for use during archery season.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:22 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by dvallilee
I was looking at the Sportman's Guide catalog.They have a Wildgame Innovations Halo 600 yard laser rangefinder.It's water and fogproof and has a scan mode for multiple targets.Clear LCD readout and 6x magnification.It sells for $99.97.
I need a rangefinder for bow hunting mostly.I have an older bow that is very accurate but it's not a fast bow.When the deer are out to 30 to 40 yds I start to have trouble guessing the correct range.I hunt quite a few different area's.Clear cut to heavy brush,flat land to very hilly.
If this rangefinder could do that for me,I would be happy.I don't have alot of money and it would save me 100 dollars.Thanks for any opinions.
Would I be twice as happy spending twice as much,buying a Nikon Prostaff 550?
i like rangefinding binoculars- one less thing to do-
Old 02-14-2018, 11:45 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
The Ranger $1000 tends to run $380. The Sig Kilo 2000 and 2200LRF can be found for the same price, and the Sig's are faster with a tighter beam divergence and more than twice the range. There have also been sales this year on Bushnell Elite 1 Mile which also ranges more than twice as far as the Vortex, and some sale prices were under $300. Not hard to beat the Vortex ranger.
Thanks for your information. its a really informative reply for me. Your suggestion helps me to get a new ranger.

Last edited by robertaboone100; 02-28-2018 at 06:58 PM.