Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Sitka gear

Old 08-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sitka gear

Just wondering is Sitka gear really worth the money? I have been reading good things about it but it seems a bit pricy.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

Well i cant speak for their new stuff first hand. But i have read the reviews and my buddy in Colorado seems to thinks its great. But i can tell you there older stuff is not worth the money(but that has changed now with the new product line). A couple guys had it last year on our elk hunt in Wyo and it didnt hold up(old stuff though). The question here though is what are you using it for? From what my friend says is the new pattern is awesome (optifade)and the clothes are great for walking and moving around alot in bad weather, but not super cold weather. He did say its not good for treestand hunting as it is very thin and would not generate much heat. So hiking out west in early archery/gun for elk then i think it would be great. But sitting still in the whitetail woods i think wool or someother products would be better.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Great, thank you for the feedback. I would be mostly treestand hunting for whitetail so that pretty much answers my questions.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

I got some '08 stuffs that I am going to try next month. I like the material and the way it fit for bowhunting. If you're in cold weather, the celsius line and some layering should be good to go. I don't like bulky clothes for bowhunting, and this is the reason to try them out.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Spike

Default sitka gear

STAY AWAY FROM IT ITS JUNK old stuff and new I have had 3 sets base layer and outer layer stuff the first pair old stuff I took to Kodiak island for blacktails wet, cold, pants falling apart stiching was like rotting before my eyes 2nd pair new stuff same story Brooks range WET , COLD , and stitching unravling Sitka replaced it free of charge with a equally worthless set of crud this set the jacket zipper is coming apart if your goal is to be trendy and wear the Rhalph Lauren of hunting clothes this stuff is for you if your there to hunt and get a little ways from the truck or camper in less than favorable conditions buy Rivers West or Cabelas Revolution Fleece you cant go wrong

Last edited by poobah1911; 01-06-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO I don't think it is junk, it does fit well but I would not pay full price for any other there products...it is not worth full price, but if you can get it on sale comparable to other products of the same thing than I would get it.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Spike

Default Review

I personally have performed in all their systems and am more than pleased. Cost is always the issue, but you really do pay for what you get., They outscore anything else I have personally ever worn, and we also sell a ton of it. I am not pushing business, but check it out:

Sitka Gear is by far the most advanced, and top of the line hunters equipment on the market. We have lauched a store that is tailored specifically to thier gear and equipemt. Check it out either places:

www.sitkagearsales.com
www.sitkacamo.com
www.goextremeoutdoors.com

SEE YOU ON THE MOUNTAIN.......

- Extreme Outdoors Team
Old 08-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Spike

Hey - Sitka Lifetime warantees everything! I have out hunted the stuff compaired to many others out there. I guess opinions are nice to have - but sounds like you should have sent it all to Sitka for warantee replacement. Thier #1 goal is to out perform and hold strong...

Just a thought...
Old 08-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Holy cow! I hope those aren't suppose to be sale prices.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Spike

Default Bad Experince with Sitka Gear

I purchased a Traverse Zip T, Ascent Pant, 90% Pant, Kelvin Jacket, and Kelvin Pant direct from Sitka's web site in November for a planned coyote hunt in Northern Arizona. The first morning of the hunt the temperature was 9 degrees, so I was wearing my Kelvin jacket and pants. While at the first stand i discovered a hole in the Kelvin jacket below the pocket. Upon inspection, I noticed the stitching had come loose creating a hole in the jacket. Upon closer inspection I found more loose stitching, but no other holes. Called Sitka and they gave me authorization to send it back. That was February 15th. I waited two weeks to hear from them, nothing. So I called them to find out the status of my jacket. They (Andew) told me the jacket was sent out for repair. Now, two weeks later, no response from Sitka and no jacket. I don't know why they just didn't replace the jacket instead of waiting all this time to repair it. I paid top dollar expecting a quality product. I do have issues with the quality of thier products and thier customer service as well. Will see what happens wilth the other gear I purchased from them. Only time will tell. Based upon my experience. I would not recommend Sitka
Gear products. Poor quality and horrible customer service. Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.