HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   wild game innovations cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/299698-wild-game-innovations-cameras.html)

n.florida hunter 08-04-2009 06:33 PM

wild game innovations cameras

I saw one of there new cameras in Wal-Mart for $50. The range wasn't that great but for that price and the tight thickets I try to hunt I thought I might give them a shot. Let me know

timmyzimmy 08-06-2009 08:22 AM

didnt have great success with it, or the remington (no success). start at the $150 mark and save the $50 as a downpayment. Tried about 5 different makers now and thats my advice. My personal entry point is $190. I've wasted more than that on junk and batteries for junk. I have 4 Leaf Rivers now 2 ir and 2 flash(all about $280) but there lots of good companies. Not to mention, I've sent 3 back for upgrades and stuff and their customers service was great.

Western MA Hunter 08-06-2009 09:16 AM

My brother in law picked one up and has actually gotten some pretty decent picture on a food plot this year...
I was very surprised...

4evrhtn 08-06-2009 12:34 PM

I was also wondering about these 4 cameras for under $100. I use a few cuddyback NoFlash cams and also a cheap Moultrie Game Spy which was less than $100 also. I really like my cheapo Moultrie but the batteries don't last as long as the more expensive cameras I've used. I want to buy a few more cheap but good cameras for areas where theft may occur. I would much rather lose a $90 cam instead of a $300 camera.
If anyone has used these Wildgame cams I would like to know what their picture quality, battery life and overall reliability is.

4evrhtn 08-08-2009 01:01 PM

I just bought another Moultrie Game Spy at Bass Pro for $69. They had the Wild Game Innov. IR4 for $90 and another one for $79, being that I didn't know enough about them I bought another Moultrie for $15 less than the first one I bought a year ago.

standsleeper 08-17-2009 12:12 PM

Two second trigger speed on the Wild Game cameras. They had better be standing or dead to get a picture of them. Moultre cameras might be the exception to the you get what you pay for rule. They are a decent camera for the money.

RyanScalf 11-04-2009 11:40 AM

Wildgame Innovations S2 cam

I just bought the 2 GB 2 MP wildgame innovations cam at walmart for 50 bucks about a week ago. I havent set it up in the woods yet, but i set it in my backyard for about 20 minutes with my dogs outside and go 32 pictures! I was very impressed. The picture quality is outstanding to only be a 2 MP cam. I would definitely recomend getting one. I mean heck its only 50 bucks anyway! Plus its got a 1 year warranty anyway. CANT GO WRONG! =]

brandonxc 11-06-2009 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by RyanScalf (Post 3495206)
I just bought the 2 GB 2 MP wildgame innovations cam at walmart for 50 bucks about a week ago. I havent set it up in the woods yet, but i set it in my backyard for about 20 minutes with my dogs outside and go 32 pictures! I was very impressed. The picture quality is outstanding to only be a 2 MP cam. I would definitely recomend getting one. I mean heck its only 50 bucks anyway! Plus its got a 1 year warranty anyway. CANT GO WRONG! =]

there dang things arnt at the walmarts around here and i really want one, or does anyone know a website to get them from? i cant find nothin.

Doe Dumper 11-09-2009 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by brandonxc (Post 3497702)
there dang things arnt at the walmarts around here and i really want one, or does anyone know a website to get them from? i cant find nothin.

Be thankful! I bought one from Midway and have tried to sell it with no success so I just started using it as a card reader for the cards out of my other cameras. I paid around 60 bucks for it and it was definitely NOT money well spent..lol.

P3FE 11-11-2009 03:17 AM

I bought two wildview extreme 4 MP cams. I like the cameras, they take great pics at my feeders. The down side is battery life, in short it sucks. I bought two external batteries for them and they last at least a month if not more. They lasted about 8 months and both had to go back for replacement. The flashes stopped working then it stopped taking pics.
I bought the remington cam and I have no complaints, it does what I need it to do. Game was here at this time. Picture quality is so so at best. Poor color. Trigger time and battery life are good.
I also have two Moultrie D-40's no complaints with them.
Just my opinion.