Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
anybody tried rivers edge pack n stack ladder stand? >

anybody tried rivers edge pack n stack ladder stand?

Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

anybody tried rivers edge pack n stack ladder stand?

Old 07-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default anybody tried rivers edge pack n stack ladder stand?

seeing these on sale i sportsmans guide for about 70 bucks. Its a 13' high ladder stand that you can backpack in and take it on the move (weighs 33 lbs). This thing seems perfect for my type of hunting but i cant find any reviews on it.

I dont have any land i can go in and set up stands on, so its either ground blinds or a climber or this. I got climbing stands..im a big guy whos not into heights so im not really into fixed stands with climbing sticks...this thing seems like the ticket but id love some feedback first.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

I dont know how they work but I was also, thinking about buying one of them.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Spike

I can tell you that I think Rivers Edge products are well made.I have 2 hang on stands and they are both built solid.I've had them for close to 10 years and have never had a problem with them.
Don't think they are cheaply made because of the price because that's not true.I hope this helps you.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Spike

Default pack and stack

hey there. these are great stands!! the web seat is unbelievably comfortable, light weight, as easy to pack in anywhere as a climber. i have a summit viper climber and i am going to buy a second pack and stack!! and 13 ft high is plenty high enough. i went to PA this year... shot a nice 9pt 170#. and i saw more deer that anyone in the group out of the pack and stack. 1st morning had a 4pt right underneath me and 1st night a different 4 pt right underneath me again.... which i could attach the pics i took. buy em... you can't lose at that price anyways!!!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

What is the seat width on this stand. At 33 lbs seems like the ticket if you aren't comfortable in climbers. Also what is the sling seat made of and how will they hold up to weather conditions.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Reviving an old thread to see if anyone has any other reviews. Im thinking I may give one a shot here in the next few weeks
Old 08-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Spike

Got one last year. Nice stand for the money. Packs down well and carries well also. Comfort isn't bad either and 13' is tall enough and if you need a shorter stand you can leave a section out and have a 10' stand. The only problem I have with it, if you can call it a problem, is the bottom section needs a cap over the ends to keep them from filling up with dirt. For me most ladder stands are awkward and don't pack well this one is great.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default what fits you

.im a big guy
whos not into heights
(weighs 33 lbs).
I dont have any land

the truth is hard, sometimes, to deal with. There's a number of reasons, given, why
you might not be happy with any kind of stand. Besides, try carrying around a forty pound bag of concrete in building supply store, and see how long you can move it?

How about a hunting blind, that's built like a tent? Great for rainy weather.
Thinking about using one this year in colder weather. Saw a hunter above the tree line in a stand, with the freezing blowing. Under certain circumstances, you'd never find me in a tree stand of any type. And I got my spurs climbing box cars at ten and eleven.

Check what fits you. Take a look at one of those blinds. They're lighter and they can be moved a lot easier.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

13 ft is not going to work in ARCHERY.in gunseason, yes.i like ladderstands but i did away with them because everyone knew where i was hunting on publicland.

that 30 pds is a lot of weight to carry.i used a deer cart to carry my stands in. then hide cart in brush.
i used comfort zone stands for 49 dollars.

now i use SUMMIT 180 max climber.i dont want anyone knowing my spot and i like to hunt at 20 ft in archery.anything below that and a buck will smell you.

climbers are more comfortable than a ladderstand.if not for hunters knowing my spot and thief i would use a ladderstand.my ladderstand went to 20 ft .

also floor of stand is too small.this stand is ok for 3 hr hunt.i liked the metal seats over the web seat.
why, because i would put a lock on seat above the ladder seat and use ladder seat for my feet. more room to move around.

if you are only sitting 3 hrs, ladderstands this size are fine.if i was using a ladderstand to sit over 3 hrs i would get a 2 man ladderstand.
they are great.you can strecth your legs out, lots of room for gear. thats way i would go.
trust me, that rivers edge stand will not be comfortable after 3 hrs in cold.

Last edited by sproulman; 08-14-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

Excellent stand and great quality for less money! I love their blins also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.