Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
The HunterCam Cradle Mini to record hunts. >

The HunterCam Cradle Mini to record hunts.

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

The HunterCam Cradle Mini to record hunts.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Spike

Default The HunterCam Cradle Mini to record hunts.

I'm just wondering what you guys think about this camera arm that clamps to your treestand. This is about the only one I could find that clamped to the treestand, everything else just strapped to the tree and that won't work with me. If you used this or know of any other camera arms that clamp to your treestand then please tell me. Also if you've had any luck recording your own hunts by yourself then tell me about your success, and the do's & don'ts.

Its $96.00
Old 07-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only problem I can think of with that is it being to low. When you have a deer in front of you your not gonna want to bend down to move the arm. But if your in a self-climber or if you have a gun rest on your stand then I think it would work okay.

I haven't been successful filming yet because I just started making my own camera arms once the last deer season closed so I wasn't able to film anything. But I have been playing around and thinking of ideas.

If your filming by your self dont zoom in that much on a deer if your gonna shoot. If you zoom in too much the deer might walk out of frame when you are ready to take the shot. So zoom out too a close distance. I'd say show 8 feet in front and behind the deer at the least.

Last edited by Pope94/IA; 07-14-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Spike

I think you may have thought that it was set up on the bottom part of the stand. Heres a better picture, and all of my stands are climbing treestands.

Thats not me below.

Last edited by SouthernBuckFever; 07-14-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats what I was thinking after I posted. It should work fine. How big is your camera (weight)?