Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

LONE WOLF TREE STANDS

Old 06-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default LONE WOLF TREE STANDS

I see they jacked there $prices$ up quite a bit from last year.
The new company from Ill. that bought L.W. must be getting greedy.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: LONE WOLF TREE STANDS

if you stick with Summit, you won't be disappointed
Old 06-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I already have a Sit And Climb and an Assault hang-on, I'm set for life.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wanted a sit and climb in the worst way and then i saw they were almost $400. The summits started looking really good after i seen that.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

Summit makes nice and affordable stands. Had a Summit Saber for over 20 years. Then bought a Lone Wolf Sit n Climb about 5 years ago and love it. Was shopping around for LW hang on's and couldn't believe there prices.
LW wont have a chance with there prices. Summit will run the show now!
Thats really too-bad cause LW has nice stands.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

I do like the Lone Wolf stands and I know that I won't sit in anything else...guess I filled my reserve last year.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

I'm set with my LW treestand for a while too, but if they keep raising the prices, I probobly won't get another one. I really like their stands, but they cost a lot more than other tree stand manufacturers already.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

To me, I won't put a price on quality, which in turn provides safety. I just haven't seen a stand that is built that good. As I told my wife (to justify the expense) its cheaper than a wheelchair.

ORIGINAL: Ihuntandfish

I'm set with my LW treestand for a while too, but if they keep raising the prices, I probobly won't get another one. I really like their stands, but they cost a lot more than other tree stand manufacturers already.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

Lone wolfs are great stands but way over priced. I love how people talk about saftey. A lone wolf is the only stand i have ever sat in that broke and i had good fall to the ground, granted this was like 12years ago or so. And no im not over weight, i think i was all of 150lbs at the time.

But to me there are a lot of great stands out there, i have a summit climber and have using them for a long time. I also use Gorrila fixed positions, and have been for a long time, i can get about 3 Gorrilas for the price of one Lone Wolf, i hunt way to many properties to spend my money like that, and i always use a saftey harness, i learned my lesson the hard way.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

I think LW will survive because there are a lot of hunters out there that have to have "the best" and too often, the best it thought to be the one that costs the most and has the coolest advertising / most hype. I bought into the LW hype last year and picked up a sit and climb. Tried it once and took it back to the store because it did not "fit" me. I'm 6'6" tall so when sitting on the bar and pulling my platform up, my knees would ram into the tree and I could only get a couple of inches of climb advance out of every move. I can't even give an opinion on if they are comfortable or not because I never got to the point of sitting in it.

Quick Reply: LONE WOLF TREE STANDS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.