HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   gear review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/294899-gear-review.html)

fishintay 05-28-2009 10:10 AM

gear review

Does anyone know a good treestand for under $150.

bugsNbows 05-28-2009 01:21 PM

RE: gear review

With something as critical as your safety, I try to not worry about price. It's kind of like brakes and tires on your car. Check put Big Game and Hunters Edge.

pabowhunter22 05-28-2009 02:13 PM

What kind of tree stand are you looking for? ladder, climber, hang on?

myhuntingshop 05-30-2009 09:17 AM

ORIGINAL: bugsNbows

With something as critical as your safety, I try to not worry about price. It's kind of like brakes and tires on your car. Check put Big Game and Hunters Edge.
I agree 100%. I mean if you find a good deal on a good tree stand then that's one thing, but I wouldn't recommend paying $100 for some brand you've never heard of. You have to look at it this way, is a 20 foot fall out of a tree worth saving an extra 100 bucks?? I'll tell ya what man, check out my website www.myhuntingshop.com There is 100's of tree stands on there with full product reviews from customers, and you might be able to find a good deal there. I prefer a Summit but that's just me. Hope this helps some.

Ihuntandfish 05-30-2009 05:39 PM

I don't what you're looking for, but I don't think that you'll find a good climber for less than $150. If you're looking for a hang-on stand and want a cheap one, I would look at some Rivers' Edge stands. I have one of their hang on stands, and I like it a lot. It has a big platform and seems very sturdy. It only costed around $70 or $80 bucks. River's edge seems to be a good company for good, but cheap stands. If you do want a climber, I would just spend some extra money and get a good climber, because climbers are the most dangerous types of stands the way it is, and I wouldn't want to go up in the tree in a stand that I don't know anything about just because I got it for a cheap price. I love my Lone Wolf climber, and it is very stable in the tree, but if you don't want to spend more than $150, it's probobly not for you. Good luck.

Bob4 06-06-2009 03:23 PM

If your thinking cheap please get a good safety harness.

kiwicraig7 06-09-2009 07:55 PM

Like the other guys said there are some things you don't want to cheap out on and you should never sacrifice you safety to save a few $. Another option is to see if you can pick a good brand stand second hand. Maybe start another thread to see if anyone has something for sale or try craigslist in your area.
Be Safe.

GRIZZLYMAN 06-10-2009 11:30 AM

I bought a Summit Viper Classic (steel not aluminum) climber for under $150 five years ago. Last year, the local Academy Sporting Goods had them for under $150. A good quality stand, very safe, but heavier (26 lbs) than aluminum.

hillbilly50 07-06-2009 10:02 PM

RE: nap sizzor arrow rest

[align=left]has anyone tried the nap sizzor rest
[/align]

hillbilly50 07-06-2009 10:04 PM

RE: nap sizzor arrow rest

the gorilla treestands are nice for the price