Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Whats A Good Bachpack?

Old 05-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Spike

Default Whats A Good Bachpack?

I'm looking to buy a new backpack for deer hunting and I was wondering which pack I should buy. I'm leaning towards the Badlands series but I feel they are a bit pricey. Some recommendations and reviews would be very helpful. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whats A Good Bachpack?

There are certainly cheaper packs available but, the Badlands products are not the cheap throwaway junk so many things are these days. I have had their first fanny pack for about 8yrs now and its none the worse for wear. I bought the 4500 2 years ago and like it so much I bought the 2200 today. A quality product and the strongest if not most unique warranty I've ever seen. There are other great packs out there, but they cost just as much.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:29 PM

You do get what you pay for. Badlands all the way!
Old 06-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Badlands packs are very nice, and they do have a good warranty. Having said that there are quite a few other packs out there that are just as nice for the same price or even a bit less. If I were you I might take a look at Crooked Horn, and Kifaru.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Kifaru day pack that has seen 5 years of heavy use. Very high quality and designed product and still good as new.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

I do a good bit of backcountry muley and my Badlands 2200 has never let me down.....it'll haul more meat/horns then my knees will
Old 06-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Spike

badlands series
Old 06-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Spike

Eberlestock ...hands down best pack out there!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recommend the Badlands Superday or Ultraday pack for a great all round day pack. I do not think any company makes a better pack than Badlands. My wife uses the Badlands Superday pack for archery & rifle hunting in Montana.

I bought the Badlands 2200 last year & wish I would have bought the Superday pack instead. I will be buying the Superday pack or the Ultra day packbefore archery hunting season this year.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

I would look at the Sitka Ascent 14 or the Badlands SuperDay pack....I will be using my Sitka Ascent for deer hunting here, but will go to something a little bigger for my elk trips.

I have used the Badlands 2200 for deer hunting, but it seems a little much

Quick Reply: Whats A Good Bachpack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.