Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Toyota Tundra

Old 05-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Toyota Tundra

I've been a proud owner of Toyota Tacoma Trucks since my first one, I had 1995, 2002, and currently a 2005, each brought brand new. I really like the new Tundra, been looking at the 5.7, V8, crewmax, SR5, with the TRD, only probelm is I can't find one here in my home state, so Idecided to wait until the 2010 models come out. I haven't heard anything negative about the Tundra, but those members that own one, please tell me how much you like and/or dislike them. If I don't purchase a new Tundra I will then purchase a new Tacoma in 2010. I owned Chevy, Ford, and Nissan trucks and I never cared for them
Old 05-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Toyota Tundra

I don't recall if it was the Toyota's or the Nissan's that were having big problems with the v8's. I know one guy that own's a Tundra and has had nothing but praise for it. It's a city truck though and honestly I don't think it has ever been off of pavement or even been into 4wd yet.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Spike

I have an 08 Tundra DC 5.7 V8 TRD 4x4 and I love this truck. I put a 3 and 1 lift kit on it from truxxx and it rides and looks great. I just took it to Kansas this year for turkey season and it performed flawlessly. My only dig is I don't like Vehicle Stability Control. It does everything it is supposed to do but sometimes I want the rearend to come around. If you want more info check TundraSolutions.com.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h.../kansas017.jpg
Old 05-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

I can tell you that I was broad sided at 50 or 60 miles an hour. My truck was pushed three lanes and turned sideways 180 deg., I didn't even have a scratch. The car that hit me was a total, and the seat belt and air bag saved the driver that ran a red light. Gas miles, city 14 mpg, high way, 18 mpg. I can live with that. Great trucks!!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

They also handle loaded down!!

Old 05-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, White Falcon, what's that quad weigh...600lbs or so? That's not enough for that Toyota to even work up a sweat. LOL.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

About that! One 120 qt cooler, food for two for a week and hunting stuff for a week. Oh ya, Two long bows and a compound. I got 17+ mpg from Dallas to Laredo.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Spike

With GM in dire straights, Ford better step up it's game because the Tundra absolutely kicks butt. Plus they support the outdoors industry. ie. BASS, Field and Stream, and Bass Pro shops. Best truck I have ever driven.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm currently driving a 2008 DC Limited 4X4. I absolutely love this truck!!! It has had it's small issues but Toyota has been great about squaring them away. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Tundra's are awesome. Im a toyota guy, i have had tacoma before and i have an FJ now, looking at buying a tundra myself too. Good friend has one thing does awesome. Im waiting to see when the Diesel comes out though. There was a press release about the Tundra potentially coming out in Diesel in the next couple months to a year. Toyota has been working on it for some time now apparently and been using them in Europe and Asia in various other models.

Quick Reply: Toyota Tundra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.