Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Tree Lounge

Old 05-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Spike

Default Tree Lounge

Hey All!

I'm really thinking about getting one! Who on here uses them? I've heard their heavy! But I would think the comfort would out weigh that, to me anyway! Whay do y'all think of em?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Spike

Default RE: Tree Lounge

heavy loud during set up bulky to get into the woods.BUUTTT The best all day sit stand I have ever used,I borrowed my friends with the bowhunting platform.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Spike

My hunting buddy has one and it is very heavy and bulky. He says it is comfortable, but he also admits it is not very good for someone who wants to move it regularly. It is not that great to use like a typical climber, in which you pack it in and out of the woods, but it is great to find a spot and leave it hung on the tree.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

HUnted them numerous times and have a friend with several. Like said nice for those stands where you will be leaving it for awhile .Not so good if it has to be carried any distance, or assembled repeatedly.. Theres a reason we call them "Erector Sets". A lot of parts to assemble in the dark and there no fast way to do it. You will always be the last up the tree or the last back to camp. Of course of you hate having to stoke the fire or start dinner thats not such a bad thing. Another observation as far as using it for bow hunting when you stand up you are a considerable distance off the tree, profile is pretty bad.

Sorry for the not so good news on them.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Spike

Another stand that I'm interested in is the Lone Wolf Alpha Handclimber (think thats it). How's it?
Old 05-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Used the Alpha once. It didn't suck at all
Old 05-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

buy a summit
Old 05-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

LW if weight is a concern over anything else. If comfort isimportant Summit Back Packer. 4 pounds heavier than the LW but abit more comfortable. No question the LW is the most packable, quite setting up. fast on off the tree. But stablity when compared to summit is debatable and comfot tends to go to the summit. Both are top notch stands.

As far as Summits other than the Back Packer model the LW smokes'em regarding packability and carry.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

The basic, original, TreeLounge with bow adapter foot platform weighs 45 pounds. The weight is perfectly distrubuted, but it is heavy!

It is also more difficult to use than most climbers, especially coming down the tree (the long heavy length can throw you off balance...pull the extension in towards the tree as close as possible), so be sure to practice with it in the offseason. Also, IMO, it is not the best stand to bow hunt from.

That being said, it is my preferred stand to use during the rut, where I will hunt from before daylight to hard dark. It is absolutely comfortable, roomy, stable. The TreeLounge is thebest, non-permanent, gun stand I have used.

PS-I always use an independent safety systemand its integrated one.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:35 AM
Spike

Equalizer is my choice stand for 3 years

Quick Reply: Tree Lounge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.