Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting Videos

Old 03-18-2009, 04:03 AM

Default Hunting Videos

[align=left]Hunting is an interesting sport and I am beginning to pick up some interest.

There used to be a lot of hunting videos over on youtube where prospective hunters could view and have a better idea of hunting, nothing beats first hand experience though, but this is a good start. It seems over a period of 3 months+, they have mostly vanished.

Especially female hunters who have hidden and privatized their videos and certain individuals, mostly females who had their accounts suspended or closed. It seems to me that there could be a possible 'crack-down' on hunting and it's probably starting off with restricting the uploading of hunting videos to prevent other from gaining an interest in it. Perhaps animal right activist are successful in conveying their message to the appropriate authorities. It's rather strange why would they clamp down beginning with women hunters!

[align=left][ol][*]Can anyone shed some light in this matter? [*]Anyone know where we could view / buy female hunting videos?[/ol]
[/align]
[/align]
Old 03-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting Videos

As someone that has had a lot of experience both behind and in front of the camera on hunting shows made for TV, I can
tell you that they not what you think they are.
There is a lot of acting, re-shoots on footage etc.
A lot of the "hunting" and "spot stalking" is done when the animal is already dead.
Ever notice how they talk in a "loud whisper" a lot? Acting. All the high fives..acting.
All of the "oh man this is a beautiful buck, folks it just doesnt get any better than this...."..........acting.

You can learn a lot more with the TV off. Go to the woods. Listen to and watch animals especially in the off season.
There is NO substitute for time spent in the woods. Go hunting with experienced hunters and try different types of hunts
as much as you can. Most of all, remember that hunting TV shows are for entertainment and you should not
compare what you kill to the "hunts" you see on TV.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

I agree and disagree. While i do not and have not been involved with the production of a hunting show, i would guess that there are good and bad with all of them. I tend to enjoy the Drury brothers and Micheal Waddell videos quite a bit. The white knuckle productions are great, best of it's kind IMHO. What I really hate are the ones where they track a deer and the camera guy is way ahead up by the deer filming back to the guys "on the trail". These guys are looking down at the blood, talking and then supprised to see the buck up ahead and run to it. Then they do the old nudge in the hindend before they pick up it's head. GIVE ME A BREAK!! Those guys drive me crazy. Course, anything from Texas or Africa does to. To each there own I guess, but to me driving around in the back of the truck and shooting an animal from there is mearly target practice. Same goes to shooting from the big box blind in the fence hunts, but like i said, to each his own. As long as it's legal they can do it, just not what i want to see, so I turn those show off.

To answer the original poster, if you really want some good videos, try the White KNuckle Productions and also "thewildlife" guys from Ohio, good stuff there too.
Dandbuck
Old 03-19-2009, 04:58 AM
Typical Buck

Mossyoak.com has a lot of videos you can view for free, i think you just have to sign up to be a member (which is free). The Primos guys in my opinion make the best videos out there. Everything is filmed over the hunter's shoulder and doesn't seemed to be overly edited like some of the shows out there. If you go to Primos.com you can view all of their recent shows online. You can also try outdoorchannel.com, or message boards like this one. Hope it helps!
Old 04-09-2009, 05:15 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: dandbuck

To answer the original poster, if you really want some good videos, try the White KNuckle Productions and also "thewildlife" guys from Ohio, good stuff there too.
Dandbuck
Hey thanks for the nice words! We work hard at it and I am glad that there are people who enjoy watching our stuff. Thanks again!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:14 AM
Spike

Most hunting video's are made for entertaiment only my beef with most of them is they don't show all the work that is put into hunting. most all of them are filmed in prime spots or at gamefarms so its hard not to walk away empty handed. there are a few great vids out there that tell it like it really is though. I love hunting but it's alot of work and time involved. but the pay off is worth all of it. vids can be very misleading the only way to have true outdoor exprience is to get out there and do it yourself.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Spike

I forgot to tell you if you want to find some great female hunting vids check out the droptine divas
Old 04-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Spike

You need to watch our videos. 90% of the hunts are on land that others hunt. There is no high fences or game farm. We knock on doors and hunt public land. 100% Fair Chase! We use an outfitter for bears up in Maine and Mule Deer out west. Trust me when I say we work twice as hard as most because not only is there a hunter in the tree but a cameraman as well. We put out a new DVD every two years because we want to show only the best. It is entertainment we hope people watch it more than once and are entertained by it. We don't claim to be deer hunting PRO's because if you ever stand up and say I know all there is to know then you need to quit! Give the small production companies a look I am sure you will like what you see.
[align=right] [/align]
Old 04-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: The Wildlife

You need to watch our videos. 90% of the hunts are on land that others hunt. There is no high fences or game farm. We knock on doors and hunt public land. 100% Fair Chase! We use an outfitter for bears up in Maine and Mule Deer out west. Trust me when I say we work twice as hard as most because not only is there a hunter in the tree but a cameraman as well. We put out a new DVD every two years because we want to show only the best. It is entertainment we hope people watch it more than once and are entertained by it. We don't claim to be deer hunting PRO's because if you ever stand up and say I know all there is to know then you need to quit! Give the small production companies a look I am sure you will like what you see.
[align=right][/align]
Brian? (I am assuming)

Do you guys do your 3d tourney every year like on your 3rd DVD? I hope this is on the recent video. I need to get on your site to order that one yet. I love your videos. Sometimes maybe too much groundhog stuff, but it's all good
Old 04-10-2009, 04:24 AM
Spike

We still do our 3d tourney but it is so hard to fit it all on the DVD. We will be adding a video page to our website where we put stuff on there that did not make the DVD. I'll make sure to add some of the 3d stuff on there. Keep an eye on the site and I'll be sure to post it so you guys can check it out when it is up and running. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Hunting Videos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.