Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Problems with Burris Optics

Old 02-03-2009, 03:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Problems with Burris Optics

Well guys I have been frustrated with the people at Burris Optics too many times. Was wondering if anybody else has had the same problem. Have been trying to get a replacement part for my Fullfield II Binoculars since last November when the plastic eyepiece broke off. It should be a screw on piece and should be easy but have contacted burrisoptics.com and have spoke to them many times. Have given them my address, phone number and they said they were going to ship it to me. And now it is February and now they are saying that they cannot get the part for me. I am totally turned off by Burris Optics. I really liked the Fullfield II'sbut their customer service leaves something to be desired. Does anybody have any ideas on getting a replacement part for my binoculars?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Problems with Burris Optics

Never had this problem. I have received parts and repairs in a timely manner. Maybe it is because my issues were on a US made XTR scope? not sure. Good luck.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

Possibly that is the reason. It just has been frustrating. It is a small part but I seem to be getting nowhere with these guys.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Burris was a scope maker that worked for Redfield (that was a real lousy company) and went on his own kinda tells ya a little.
RC
Old 02-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

My dealings with Burris lead me to believe that every a$$hole thats every been fired from customer service by any company for having a bad attitude was hired by them to keep warranty costs down!! NEVER again will I deal with that company!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dealings in the past with Burris were always A! But only had to use customer service 2 times (that was years ago). Since the Fullfield 2s are now made in the philippines after moving production from USA, they'll get no more of my money on Fullfields. The higher lines of scopes cost just as much as Leupolds so it don't make sense to buy them over leupolds.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

I called them again and after being handed off to a total of three people I spoke with a lady who said that she was going to look around and find a replacement part off of an old pair of F 2's and ship it to me. She took my info and said that she would ship it to me. That was last week. We'll see and will keep you posted. So far they told me this one other time and still no replacement part. I believe they may tell people that just to get them off the phone. I hop not though, I really need the part.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard of several negative CS situations regarding Burris in the last year. Sounds like it's best to avoid them.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:26 AM
Fork Horn

Yes, the customer service does leaves something to be desired. I have really liked the F-2's though except for the part breaking andthe poorCS from burrisoptics.com
Old 03-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Just wanted to let everyone know that aafter nearly 5 months and many phone calls and emails, Burrisoptics finally sent me a replacement part. Good luck to anyone that has to deal with them in the future.

Quick Reply: Problems with Burris Optics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.