Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

summit climbing stand

Old 01-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default summit climbing stand

Has anyone used a summit climbing stand? just want some info on them. i'm lookin at the viper model.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: summit climbing stand

What do you want to know? They are easy to use, light weight, comfortable to sit in...
Old 01-29-2009, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

huntboy,

Summit is hard to beat for comfort and solid feel once your in the tree. Stand climbs easily with a minnimal amount of noise. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Old 01-29-2009, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, i'm just curious what everybody thinks of them, or if there is a different model you think is better or even a different brand. I've been savin up for a few months to get one, and so far the viper model is my choice. Thanks for any info or opinions you all have!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Huntboy,

The Summit is a good choice. Some other choices might include the Lone Wolf sit and climb but it's a lot more expensive. However, it does pack in and out easier than the Summit because it folds flat whereas the Summit Viper does not. However, it, theLone Wolf,is not as comfortable and if you weigh more than 200lbs it's probably not what you want. I have owned both stands, plus a few other climbers, and IMO these are the two best, but for different reasons. Lone Wolf for ease of packing and ease of climbing. Summit for comfort and for feeling safe after you have gotten in the tree. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO the Summit Viper is the best climber out there. If you want me room get the Summit Goliath. I'm 235 and the Viper is just right but the Goliath would afford more room. Having owned aLone Wolf Sit & Climb,I will admit it is an excellent stand thatpacks a little better and is a tad quieter when climbing. However I found that it did not bite as well as the Summit nor was it any where near as comfy. In the end I sold the LW Sit & Climb.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

It's hard to beat a Summit.I have the Goliath and for safety and comfort you will be hard pressed to beat it. The platfom and seat nest together nicely and isn't hard to pack in and out.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the info everybody. I think i'm going to stick with the viper!! can't wait to try it out when I get is this summer!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the "Open Shot", it's light, quiet and compact.
I have had it for 2 years and will be buying another one soon...
Go for it!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I were looking for a new stand, I'd ask specific questions for myself.

How big am I and how big is the seat? How do I like heights, and do I enjoy sitting on the end of a "diving platform." Maybe I like something surrounding me a little better.

Some stands are for small hunters, who might only stay in the tree for a couple of hours. Make sure you look at the weight of the treestand. My max is around 20 or 21 pounds, for my body size. I carry mine in and out. That's one reason I've used it for nearly 15 years. It fits me and I keep it in good shape.

Never used the summit, but there are things that I like about them.

The major recommendation - fit you to the tree stand. Not the otherway around. Tree stands are usually not for every hunter.

Quick Reply: summit climbing stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.