Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 DO NOT BUY RED WING BOOTS!!!!! >

DO NOT BUY RED WING BOOTS!!!!!

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

DO NOT BUY RED WING BOOTS!!!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Spike

Default DO NOT BUY RED WING BOOTS!!!!!

I recently bought a pair of Red Wing waterproof boots. I do not like them because they make my feet sweat like crazy! One evening I wore them for 3 hours and when I took my boots off the gray socks I was wearing were wet all around the toes and heels. My feet are wet before I get near any water. I sent an email to Red Wing asking what they use for waterproofing. The waterproofing layer is a material called Sympatex. This material is supposed to be very breathable but it's NOT. I found a good read on waterproofing material. This breathability comparison testing was performed by the U.S. Army Soldier Center. The website is www.verber.com/mark/outdoors/gear/breathability.pdf After reading this, I emailed Red Wing again telling them about how these boots make my feet sweat. I also told them I have only had the boots for 30 days and I am very unhappy. They have not replied to this email. Red Wing does not seem to care. Look this over closely and you can see how sympatex compares to others. Don't get ripped off like I did. I paid $150 for boots that are total junk as far as I'm concerned. I have never had any problems with Goretex in the past, so I will be looking for a new pair of boots with Goretex.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DO NOT BUY RED WING BOOTS!!!!!

So we're supposed to boycott a company because you had one bad experience and didn't hear what you wanted to hear?
Old 01-16-2009, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

You have WAY too much time on your hands to make that big of deal because your feet sweat. Did you expect them to redesign all of their boots because of you? I’ve owned Irish Setter boots in the past, and they were the best boots I ever owned. Maybe it’s your feet, not the boots.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Spike

How much thinsulate is in them? Perhaps its to much for the conditions. Wear lighter socks.

I currently have Irish Setters (a subsidiary of Red Wing) and absolutey love them. Best boots ive everhad, bar none.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Spike

My point is... the Sympatex is NOT a good material to use on boots and shoes. It is like putting your feet in a plastic bag. Red Wing calls it "Red Wing waterproofing". If you bothered to check the verber website, you could see why I am complaining.(You have to type it in) I don't care what kind of boots you buy. It's your money. I just want everyone that reads this thread to know the difference between a good product, (Goretex) and a bad one. I believe Irish Setter boots use Goretex, not "Red Wing waterproofing" (Sympatex) Red Wing has made quality products for many years, but things change. M.Magis, I don't think you're smart enough to figure this out. It appears you have bruised your brain. Thndrchiken, your name says it ALL!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

Wow, insults are a great way to get your point across. Someday maybe you'll learn your attitude has a great deal to do with how much respect you get. Perhaps THAT'S why you didn't get a reponse.

It is like putting your feet in a plastic bag.
So according you to, the millions of us that wear rubber boots at times are all stupid?

Old 01-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

M.Magis thats funny but true never seen an pair of rubber boots that breathe and your feet dont sweat
Old 01-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Socks are as important as the boots you wear when it comes to wicking moisture away and keeping your feet warm. You want to keep your feet dry then wear some good moisture wicking socks as a first layer. That goes for Goretex, Sympatex, etc.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

So I guess I would be within my rights tell you to go back and pick that hay out of your hick mouth. But I won't do that, maybe you need to act your age and not shoe size. Uh oh that's right your probably wet behind the ear because your feet sweat so much when you had them stuffed in your mouth.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's pretty good, 10 whole posts and already trying to alienate people.

Quick Reply: DO NOT BUY RED WING BOOTS!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.