HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Vibram soles or rubber? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/280882-vibram-soles-rubber.html)

lpv77 01-01-2009 04:05 PM

Vibram soles or rubber?

I need to buy new boots for shedding and stand work. I had Vasque Clarions which succumbed to a fiery death on my last camping trip. When I bought them I was told to buy boots with a rubber sole instead of Vibram. I do not know why, but i did. They were extremely comfortable. I have a 50 dollar gift card to cabelas and they sell vasque but not the ones I have. The only pair has Vibram soles.
Anyhow just looking for some guidance to aid in my purchase.
thanks

kevin1 01-02-2009 09:17 AM

RE: Vibram soles or rubber?

Vibram wears a lot longer than rubber, and has about the same properties with regard to scent transfer. I'd go with the vibram since you already like the brand.

scarp262 01-11-2009 07:21 PM

I"d deffinatly go with vibram it's a hell of a sole and if you liked your last pair why not?

Gangly 01-28-2009 07:09 AM

Vibram brand solesare generally a harder material but will last longer. There are some vibram brand soles that are very soft and made specifically for certain applications. you just have to check and see

Valentine 02-01-2009 10:27 AM

I have vibram on a couple of summer wear boots. Good wearing; made for walking on softer surfaces like forests and fields, rather than on concrete or macadam.

I had a foot problem some years ago, and I appreciate a hard sole, for wear and keeping the foot in one piece.

For walking/hiking on hard surfaces, which I do a lot of, I opt for a sole with a slightly more rubbery give, but still stiff.

akshayv 05-23-2018 03:38 AM

Vibram soles or rubber?

I would love to buy walking shoes from orthofeet, but without trying them on, it's not worth trying. I love my slippers, this is my second pair. I have heel spurs and pain, also trouble with arches, it's hard to find shoes that fix all that. But orthofeet orthotic shoes, especially Vionic, do the trick. I will buy again. Picking my items was very easy/accessible. I liked the rollover scan to get close up of my merchandise. I found sizes to be true and very comfortable.

Wingbone 05-24-2018 02:24 PM

If you are working in rocky country, go with vibram, great for climbing rocky terrain.Anything else, go with rubber. Though they are durable, I never found them to be a superior sole in soft sandy or muddy country. I much prefer rubber in soft sandy or muddy conditions. All vibram does is leave dirty little 'x's and 'y's all over your floor mats. If you have boots with Goodyear welts, the rubber soles are easily replaced if they get worn.

livetohuntandfish 05-26-2018 03:14 PM

Vibram. I'm not sure what they put in their soles but they are the best.