Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 after reading the "rocky boots" thread.. >

after reading the "rocky boots" thread..

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

after reading the "rocky boots" thread..

Old 12-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default after reading the "rocky boots" thread..

I wasn't aware that Rocky & Danner were now manufactured in China and their boots are now junk. So which boots do you use & which would you recommend?
Old 12-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: after reading the "rocky boots" thread..

Not all Danners are Made in China. The pair I have that are made there are still far better boots thasn my Rocky's
Old 12-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got a pair of China Danner's for Christmas. My wife has had the same ones for three years with no issues. Hopefully mine will be ok too. Definitely no more Rockies for me.

If you want great (U.S. made) quality boots look at Schnees from Bozeman Montana. They are terrific and very foot friendly.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: supaflav

I wasn't aware that Rocky & Danner were now manufactured in China and their boots are now junk. So which boots do you use & which would you recommend?
Years back I bought a pair of Rocky Corn stalkers, man they fit great out of the box. I loved wearing them, I wore the soles off em. I've tried the new ones and can't get the fit I need,( Wide Feet). I have Lacrosse 10" hunting pac RT AP 2000GM ( made in China) they keep my feet warm but I can't walk all day in them. Still looking for the perfect fit boot.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Spike

I picked up a pair of Irish Setter Shadow Trek's a few months ago and they are great. Waterproof and never got a single blister. I walked all over the swamp today in them and my feet feel great.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a pair of Lacrosse (made in China) about 5 yrs ago, and they are still comfortable and holding up great. A little on the heavy side(800 grams thinsulate), so after 12hrs or so, my feet are tired. I usually try to remember to change shoes when I get back to camp, even if between morning and afternoon hunts, but sometimes it slips my mind, and I find myself sitting around camp in the eveningbefore mytired feetreminds me. All in all, I would buy them again. My next pair will probably be a pair of Alpha Burly rubber boots.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Spike

About 22 years ago, my Grandfather purchase a pair of Lacrosse Icemen for my birthday. Green leather uppers with black rubber bottoms. I still use them for hunting and snow removal.

Now the Icemen are made in China and they feel so cheap. The leather uppers look and feel like plastic. The felt liner is thinner and the boot is much lighter.

I was thinking of replacing them, but the more I read, the less I want to give up my Icemen. I was looking at the Chippewa line of boots. They are made in the USA. Anyone with any knowledge of this boot line?

Old 12-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

RedHead Canyon Ridge. I've tried several and these boots are awesome!
Old 01-03-2009, 10:04 PM

Even boots made in the USA aren't the greatest. I have a pair of $300 Red Wing boots that I gave to the dog to chew on after less than a year. I am on my 3rd pair of $100. Timberland Pro's in less than a year, at least that company will replace prematurely worn out boots if you send the old ones back. I'm starting to think $30.00 Brahma's from Walmart are a better value, at least you know up front you are buying Chinese crap that will only last 6 months. I wear Muck boots during the winter, they are 100% waterproof and durable and easy to put on/off. The only boot I can recommend is the US Army issue Belleville black leather ICWB Gore-tex boots. For less than $50 you get a leather boot that is constructed of only 3 pieces of leather and has a gore-tex membrane, removeable lining, and a sole that should last 100,000 miles. The only drawback is that they are heavy and not very comfortable. The good is that they don't leak and they don't wear out. I have a pair of cloth Montrail hiking boots which are good quality for hiking and daily activities but they won't stand up to abuse like leather.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

I've been wearing a pair of irish setter tamaracks for 2 years now and love them. warm, dry, lots of gription, and can walk all day.

Quick Reply: after reading the "rocky boots" thread..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.