HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   The Rock (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/279732-rock.html)

youngfart 12-23-2008 11:18 AM

The Rock

The Rock
Final Grade
Well my season up here in Alberta has come to an end for hunting and the new season starts as soon as I can get out to start scouting for next season.It has been brutally cold for the last few weeks with highs reaching only -26c, where was this when I was hunting?
If your new to Bow Huntingor just want to get intoarcheryand don't want to fork out the big bucks for todays top end bows,give The Rock by Diamond/Bowtech a shot,you'll be impressed.
For one of the smaller bows made today at 31 5/8'' and weighing just 3.85lbs, it holds like a bigger bow and steady's quite comfortably. The rubber hand grip is a feature to my liking as it doesn't allow for movement while at full draw.I love this as with all wooden gripsI find have some slippage at the release.With the rubber grip their is no slippage while at full draw with the open hand on the grip. In the cold weather you'll find this even more as the temps get colder while shooting outside. The rubber grip actually acts as a insulater, in turn,allowing your hand and grip to stay warmer at the moment of truth.
Pro's : 1:The price tag $399.00
Where in today's market can you buy a bow with as much as this qauint little bow has to offer for it's price tag?
2: Speed 257fps shooting a 100grn Montec broadhead with 340 grn Easton Axis Arrow flecthed with a 2 inch fletching at a 60lb draw weight with a 29'' draw.
It also comes in drawlengths from23 to30 with the70lb draw shooting an estimatedIBO 318fps.
3: Seeing and shooting made me a believer
What really sold me on TheRock was it's punch : I took my 1st doe of the season at 13 yards quarting away, the bow delivered in a way that truly made me a believer. It deserves to be rated up there with the higher end bows. My shot entered an inch higher than I wanted ,but where it excited blew meaway,it totally blew through the oppositeshoulder blade ,completly breaking the shoulder bone and passing through into the ground. I have made the same shot numourous times before with nothing like the results of The Rock.
I watched the doe struggle for 30 yards then keel over. Not a half hour later I proceeded to take another doe with in the same distance. It also was a complete pass through. All though I wanted to try it out on ourlarger game up here in Alberta,I was stricken with having to change jobs,in turn , I had to give up all my hunting holidays. I truly believe this little bow will pass the test with flying colours on larger game.
This single cam bow delivers punch with fps and a forgiving braceheightof 7inches.What impresses me most isitfits todays youth and women and also measaman. The drawing of this bow is with ease for all ages. It's a starter bow to be precise,but it is capable,as I'm reluctant to say,am quite confident it could be a bow a person would never need to replace.
Rocky

Ben / PA 12-30-2008 09:19 AM

RE: The Rock

Great review. Having shot one, I agree, its a great bow for the money. I like reading well thoughout and researched reviews, thank you sir.