Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rocky Boots

Old 12-19-2008, 02:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rocky Boots

I only wear my hunting boots while im in the woods. So they should last a long time. My problem with rocky is the soles come apart after about 2 years. Its like they dry rot or something. They are very comfortable boots, they just dont seem to last very long for me.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

gregrn give Rocky a call. I've heard that they'll send you new souls that you can take to your local shoe repair and have them replaced.
The BBB sent me a reply with in 24 hours and are pursuing the claim. I haven't heard back from WI. CPA yet.
What's kind of funny is China is feeling our pain. They too are in a recession and laying off workers. Buy American and put your neighbors back to work. Hold Chinese products to a higher standard, if they're selling junk, send it back.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Crenshaw, Isn't Danner one of Santa's rain deer? Maybe if you tell your Danner rep that I could sure use a good pair of warm waterproof boots, (9 1/2 wide) he can slip a good word to Santa? Winter hasn't even started yet, more than a foot of snow on the ground and it's snowing hard right now. 8"-10" today, 2 more snow storms lined up behind it. Looks like it will be a white Xmas for sure. lol
Old 12-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: VAhuntr

ORIGINAL: wack

Anyone who has bought a pair of Rocky waterproof boots that were not waterproof, please turn in complaints to the Consumer protection agency http://datcp.state.wi.us/core/consumerprotection/consumerprotection.jsp
and the Better Business Bureau
http://welcome.bbb.org/

My goal is to stop Rocky Boots from falsely advertising and labeling there boots as waterproof. If your Rocky boots do not say Gortex on them, the silicone waterproofing Rocky Boots use is temporary and should be advertised and labeled as such.

I called Rocky yesterday about the soles on my boots falling apart. My experience with their customer service was positive, as long as I receive what I was promised! I called about 2 pm EST and was only on hold a couple minutes before someone in the "return" department answered. To my suprise, it wasa womanwho spoke English....we're starting off on the right foot here. I explained to her my problem with the soles but I could not givean exact date of when I bought the boots, that I did not have the receipt, and I could noteven remember the name of the boots. I did give her a 4 digit number off the tongue of my boots. She then told me those boots have been out of production for 7 years.....time does go by quicker than I thought.

To make a long story short, they are sending me some new soles to have put on the boots. In my case I really could not ask for much better support.
Just wanted to give a little update on my problem with the soles on my Rocky boots. I receivedthe newsoles from Rockyvia FedEx either this morning or yesterday afternoon. Pretty quick service considering I called them on 12-17-08 IMO.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

A hunting partner had a similar experience with Rocky boots.The label stated "waterproof"yet the boots leaked badly from the first time that they were worn.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

i will say this , the most expensive (and USELESS) socks i ever bought were the ingenius brand.

total garbage.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive got a pair of the Chinese Danners. Still very good boots but I wont make the mistake of buying the overseas danners again. Next pair will be USA made ones.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree. My Chinese Danner grand slam boots are comfortable and don't leak but they squeek.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:07 PM

New member here - with my experience with Rocky boots, they are the last brand I would spend my hard earned money on any further. I literally walked the soles off of my first pair of $100 Cornstalkers on an elk hunt in Colorado after 5 days of hiking around the mountains. They sent a set of soles, but they were just not resoleable. I was able to trade them in after MUCH hassle at the store I bought them at, and the newer Cornstalkers were now $225 but with molded on soles. After these crumbled following only a few easy paced goose hunts, I was not able to get any resolution from Rocky.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Spike

I AGREE WITH THE FACT THAT SINCE ROCKY STARTED MAKING BOOTS IN CHINA THEY ARE NOT LIKE THE OLD ONES THAT WOULD LAST AT LEAST 5 YRS. THE LAST 2 PAIR I HAD LASTED 1 YEAR. IF I CAN BUY THEM DIRT CHEAP I BUY THEM, USE THEM 1 SEASON THEN THEY ARE A WORK BOOT. CHINA JUNK.

Quick Reply: Rocky Boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.