Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

primos vision ground blind

Old 11-30-2008, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default primos vision ground blind

i was thinking of getting one but i wonder if animals like turkeys could see you where it is 360 deg of mesh around it.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: primos vision ground blind

I have one and its been great. When you hunt out of it keep the back windows closed. I have had turkeys come with in a few yards of the blind with the screens open and they cant seem to pick me up. That has been the case with all my blinds.
The problem with all the windows being open is that they can still pick up your movement against the open background.

With deer, the more you can keep closed the better
Old 12-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

There are a few different 360 viewing blinds out there, I bought the Ameristep Brick house 360 this year. The only thing I didn't like was it doesn't handle heavy snow very well, The roof won't hold the weight.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: glockman55

There are a few different 360 viewing blinds out there, I bought the Ameristep Brick house 360 this year. The only thing I didn't like was it doesn't handle heavy snow very well, The roof won't hold the weight.
I also have a brickhouse. It is one that i keep out in the woods all season. I purchased a variable height tent post. I taped a towel around one end. When i leave the blind i put the pole up on the middle of the tent directly underneath the ceiling hub support. This has worked well for me in keeping the roof up. Once i get to the blind i wipe the snow off and remove the pole

PS. The towel is used just in case it slips off the hub ( you can secure it if you like) this way it will not puncture the material