HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   bushnell vs leupold (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/275939-bushnell-vs-leupold.html)

gerb 11-29-2008 09:00 AM

bushnell vs leupold

i am looking at buying a new scope for my deer rifle. i have done a bunch of reseach on some of the top brands but i wanted to ask some one who has used both bushnell and leupold. i have looked through both and do not see a big difference except the price. i found both of them on suppliesforhunting.com at good prices and free shipping so i know where i am going to buy i just wanted to know if the price of the leupold is worth it . will it last longer or hold zero better in extreme conditions or is it a case of paying for the name.

Grasshopper13 11-29-2008 09:18 AM

RE: bushnell vs leupold

IMO the difference isn't as noticeable in most situations. Where you'll see a ig difference is in low light situations. I've hunted with both, and the Leupold performs much better in low light.

GH

bullelk1 11-29-2008 01:00 PM

If you are certain those are the 2 choices you made, go with the Leupold. You will never regret it when conditions get very bad. It holds up better, won't fog, and will take punishment from heavy recoil or tough hunting.

americaneagle 11-29-2008 01:11 PM

Where the Leupold will shine is low light, heavy recoil, foggy & bad weather. I have a Bushell on my .22 and it is fine, but on my Hi power rifles and slug guns I go with Leupolds.

sproulman 11-29-2008 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: gerb

i am looking at buying a new scope for my deer rifle. i have done a bunch of reseach on some of the top brands but i wanted to ask some one who has used both bushnell and leupold. i have looked through both and do not see a big difference except the price. i found both of them on suppliesforhunting.com at good prices and free shipping so i know where i am going to buy i just wanted to know if the price of the leupold is worth it . will it last longer or hold zero better in extreme conditions or is it a case of paying for the name.
leupold;)

TNGal 12-01-2008 05:24 AM

Leupold you will not regret it.

crenshaw 12-01-2008 09:53 AM

Well if its between a Bushnell and a Leupold. Leupold wins hands down. But there are alot of other scopes out there to look at.

nksmfamjp 12-01-2008 10:07 AM

Which Leupold? At the same price Bushnell will be a better scope? If you are comparing a $250 Leupold to a $250 Bushnell, the Bushnell would be much better. At $500, Leupold might be same or better depending on model specifics.

stalkingbear 12-01-2008 07:33 PM

No matter HOW GOOD bushnells get,I'll never have anything with bushnell name on it again. This after fighting with customer service/warranty several times without satisfaction 1 time! However,from everything I hear,and customers,the elite series are good. That being said,the leupold vx3/vari-x3 are darn good proven scopes. If you're going to pay that kind of money,check out zeiss conquest line.

Warden41272 12-01-2008 10:48 PM

For the money, I don't know if you can do better than Swift scopes. Plus, should you ever need service, they have a lifetime over the counter replacement warranty. I've shot a lot of scopes, and I like my Swift as well as anything else I've tried.