Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

bushnell vs leupold

Old 11-29-2008, 09:00 AM

Default bushnell vs leupold

i am looking at buying a new scope for my deer rifle. i have done a bunch of reseach on some of the top brands but i wanted to ask some one who has used both bushnell and leupold. i have looked through both and do not see a big difference except the price. i found both of them on suppliesforhunting.com at good prices and free shipping so i know where i am going to buy i just wanted to know if the price of the leupold is worth it . will it last longer or hold zero better in extreme conditions or is it a case of paying for the name.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: bushnell vs leupold

IMO the difference isn't as noticeable in most situations. Where you'll see a ig difference is in low light situations. I've hunted with both, and the Leupold performs much better in low light.

GH
Old 11-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Spike

If you are certain those are the 2 choices you made, go with the Leupold. You will never regret it when conditions get very bad. It holds up better, won't fog, and will take punishment from heavy recoil or tough hunting.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Spike

Where the Leupold will shine is low light, heavy recoil, foggy & bad weather. I have a Bushell on my .22 and it is fine, but on my Hi power rifles and slug guns I go with Leupolds.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gerb

i am looking at buying a new scope for my deer rifle. i have done a bunch of reseach on some of the top brands but i wanted to ask some one who has used both bushnell and leupold. i have looked through both and do not see a big difference except the price. i found both of them on suppliesforhunting.com at good prices and free shipping so i know where i am going to buy i just wanted to know if the price of the leupold is worth it . will it last longer or hold zero better in extreme conditions or is it a case of paying for the name.
leupold
Old 12-01-2008, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

Leupold you will not regret it.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Well if its between a Bushnell and a Leupold. Leupold wins hands down. But there are alot of other scopes out there to look at.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

Which Leupold? At the same price Bushnell will be a better scope? If you are comparing a $250 Leupold to a $250 Bushnell, the Bushnell would be much better. At $500, Leupold might be same or better depending on model specifics.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

No matter HOW GOOD bushnells get,I'll never have anything with bushnell name on it again. This after fighting with customer service/warranty several times without satisfaction 1 time! However,from everything I hear,and customers,the elite series are good. That being said,the leupold vx3/vari-x3 are darn good proven scopes. If you're going to pay that kind of money,check out zeiss conquest line.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:48 PM

For the money, I don't know if you can do better than Swift scopes. Plus, should you ever need service, they have a lifetime over the counter replacement warranty. I've shot a lot of scopes, and I like my Swift as well as anything else I've tried.

Quick Reply: bushnell vs leupold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.