Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Renzo Deer Decoy

Old 11-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Renzo Deer Decoy

I used the doe decoy this weekend. I was very impressed w/ it's deer drawing capabilitiesand ease of use.I put a white face cloth torn in half and daubbed w/ doe urine.super easy to set up. The rut is on in PA. The wind was blowing right to left and I set it on a rise in the feld head towards a bush. Both tree lines about 150 yards apart had broadside views of the decoy. I had 4-5 bucks get up on her and hang up about 30 yards from the decoy. The biggest was a 10 point, probably the biggest deer of my life. he came across thefeil about 200 yards away into the wind w/ his nose high i the air. He did a lot of prancing and looking, but i could n't get him closer. I shot and missed out of my tree stand. Man what a bummer! But I learned to move her real close in on me, or move her past me up windas they hang up w/ that 2-d look, they know something isn't right when they get in real close. No deer busted me all eyes and nose on decoy. The metal rods allow you to have her sway w/ the wind and of course the rag moving like a tail really did the trick. No does only bucks. If this does as well in gun season, I will take no prisoners.