Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Climbing tree stand

Old 11-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Climbing tree stand

I've owned a Summit climber for about 10 yrs. It's very stable, quiet, but quite heavy (22lb). The seat, however, is quite uncomfortable. Any recommendations on fairly light climbers. Appreciate the input. Thanks
Old 11-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbing tree stand

ORIGINAL: wetpwdr53

I've owned a Summit climber for about 10 yrs. It's very stable, quiet, but quite heavy (22lb). The seat, however, is quite uncomfortable. Any recommendations on fairly light climbers. Appreciate the input. Thanks

I like the Summit Viper. Is very comfortable and seems plenty light enough to me.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

I had the old viper (steel) I nowhave the new one and I love it. My father has an API its ok but not as good. He also has a Lone Wolf wich is light but hard to use for average sized or larger people, and he also has a Loggy Byou and that is'nt that good either , my buddy has the Non Typical climber in its dangerous. I would stick with your summit
Old 11-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used my cousin's Summit Goliath. It is something like 20#, aluminum framed. It is a large HD climber that is quet, easy to use, comfortable and secure. If I were in the market for a climber that would be it. Just have to be a tad careful when shooting a vbow while seated. Has a front bar about even with the seat height.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know if the Equalizer is light, but it is a nice stand. Easy to setup on the tree. Easy to level when up in the tree.

For me, I used to make most of my noise getting the stand set up on the tree. With the keyhole slots, it is easy to quietly connect the cable around the tree.

It can be setup with a sling or the included seat. Either will work, but with the adjustable satety bar, the included seat seems to work best. Not sure which I prefer yet. I have both. I'm still trying to figure this all out.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

wetpwdr53,

I have owned several climbers over the years, summit, api, north starr, and lone wolf. All the stands had their good and bad points. I currently own a lone wolf sit and climb and I must say overall the lone wolf has them all beat. The only thing is that if you weigh more than 240lbs, it can be uncomfortable. The best thing I like about is that it folds flat for backpacking and it only weighs 18 pounds. If the summit that I owned had folded flat, I would probably still have it because I think by far they are the most comfortable.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 11-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

By the way, has anyone tried the milleneum climbers, I have read alot of positives on them.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

Try this http://hazmore.net/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2&ccSIDa6 e70b027d696f1d3afe13fa71f85b8e=8c68aef7cab2197d3a3 36dcb49bf13ab
Old 11-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Fork Horn

Lone Wolf Sit N Climb
Old 11-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Spike

Ive been using an API grand slam for about 10 years now. I love it. Its a little on the heavy side, but its just so comfortable it makes it worth all the weight.

Quick Reply: Climbing tree stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.