Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

under armor- worth the money?

Old 11-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Spike

Default RE: under armor- worth the money?

I find that UA cold gear works well if you put a thin layer of something cotton directly over it as the wind passes through quite well. But don't get it too tight, as it gets a little annoying after awhile. And if you haven't shaved in awhile, or have a beard, CUT THE TURTLE NECK OFF.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like it. It has kept me warm from Alaska to North Carolina and quite a few places in between. It is meant as a base layer though so don't expect it to stop any wind. I have not tried any of the cheaper stuff to see if it is comparable.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not in my opinion.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:05 PM

I have the pants and the top (cold gear), thankfully I got a good deal on them. I dont ever wear them. My experience with them is that they keep me warm while I am moving about, however, if I sit for periods on the stand I would get cold. Also, I am quite a hairy dude (legs, chest) and the UA annoyed the hell out of me. Itched like crazy. They are great for some but not for me.

I will say that I dropped some coin on the UA camo gloves and really like them.

KP
Old 11-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Spike

I haven’t had much luck wearing under armour.I small game hunt and this requires plenty of walking. I either have a light or heavy top next to my skin with a fleece pullover and then my Gore-Tex jacket. Within a few hours my back is soaked from sweat. I peel off the under armour and just wear the fleece next to my skin. This year I’m trying Smartwool as a base layer in a lightweight nts. I’m hoping this combination will work for me. Also Patagonia capaline is a great next to the skin base layer.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Spike

Military surplus ECWCS. $25 for the hoodie, top, and bottoms at the deer expo this spring. Military stuff is the best hands down. Save yourself some money.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Wher'd you get that?

For warmth, I really like the Rocky stuff I bought at Walmart. It says med weight, but it is very warm!
Old 11-09-2008, 05:37 PM

it works
Old 11-10-2008, 01:11 PM

Under Armor is the best investmentI ever made for hunting,I own three of the Cold Gear tops. The thing is I sit alot and I never get cold with the UA on. I do know though, that when I do walk around a ton the UA tends to become wet from all the sweat.Overall though if you like to sit and want to stay warm than I think that there is nothing better.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Typical Buck

UA cold gear works for me. I layer UA cold then some Rocky stuff on top. Very warm as I treestand hunt. Is it worth it? Way over price. Does it work? Yes. Since I layered with UA and fleece combo, I managed to stay warm for the past couple years. Before that, I was shaking.

Quick Reply: under armor- worth the money?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.