Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

OMG!!! the best gps ever

Old 10-24-2008, 06:00 AM
Spike

Default OMG!!! the best gps ever

i purchased the DeLorme earthmate PN-20 last week , and , this thing is the neatest thing since sliced bread....it has all the functionality of any i have used (have used several over the years) and the best part is you can download aeriel photos of your hunting area and use as a map COOL!
i read reviews on many different ones (thought my eyes were gonna bleed) and decided on this unit because the only negitive thing i was seeing were that it is a tad slow on map re-draw if using high res color aeriels
since receiving this unit had i minor glitch with the software that comes with the system and 1 5 min phone to thier tech support dept and found that it was my fault for not reading the directions ...lol
so if anyone is in the market for a gps handheld take a serious look at this one http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtdItemDetail.jsp?item=27558§ion=10106

i cant say enough good about this system or the company. BTW DeLorme is an american owned and operated company based out of Maine and the tech support were here in the U.S.A. one more reason to check it out
Old 10-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: OMG!!! the best gps ever

The folks at Delorme are great to doubt. If you call with an issue they fix it, just that simple. Did you look at the PN40? Not sure if it's out yet but they kicked up the processor and added the electonic compass. Now if they could just do something aboutthe color of the darn thing.....

If you want more info on the unit check out the delorme forums or Earthlink.... Tons of post about them...
Old 10-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Fork Horn

Good to hear. I've been putting off a GPS for a little while until they madesome improvements that the industry said would be here more than 6 years ago. I've been eyeing that one up, too.

This is the stuff that makes a kicka$$ forum.

Thanks.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:24 PM

Wondering, if you download aerial maps are you able to go back to topo maps easily when in the field? I haven't had a lot of experiance with any gps units but it's time to get one. Hunt way to rugged country not to have one.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Yes with the Delorme you can switch back and forth from aerial to topo.. The 20 will do it but the 40 will do it faster....
Old 11-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Spike

That PN-40 looks like the bomb!