Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Under Armour Rain Jacket

Old 11-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Under Armour Rain Jacket

ORIGINAL: crenshaw

when i have the zippers open i dont get wait, so im kinda confused why your getting that much humidity built up inside the jacket. Are you over dressed? Always hot? If not im stumped!!
I have about 3 or 4 layering thermal under cause I'm cold. You could say I'm cold blooded. And I don't sweat. So, I don't know why I am getting wet too.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:59 PM

mine does
Old 11-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

I purchased the UA Derecho Jacket and used it last week. Couldn't be happier. I walked up and down hills, and it was dried underneath. I guess RW just doesn't breathe well.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: yajsab

I purchased the UA Derecho Jacket and used it last week. Couldn't be happier. I walked up and down hills, and it was dried underneath. I guess RW just doesn't breathe well.
Yeah most gear isnt going to breathe well, its the nature of the material, in order to keep out water, your going to keep out air too.

The only time my RW builds up moisture inside is when im walking and i get hot, then the humidity builds up and causes that wet feeling inside.

Good to know that UA jacket is working, was looking at those the other day at Bass Pro, they look warm.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I gotta make a retraction here. First time I wore the RW in the rain I nearly drowned. Sent it back and they done some stuff that they said would fix it. Paying what I did and having to return it and then get the same clothes back left a bad taste in my mouth. However hunting in the rain all day Monday and heavy snow all day Tuesday and Weds I have to say the jacket done a fine job. Never got wet. I had arctic shield bibs on as well...very warm and water resistant combo. I dont feel quite so bad about spending a small fortune for the RW now.