Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Under Armour Rain Jacket

Old 10-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default Under Armour Rain Jacket

Just want to see if anyone had their rain jacket and does it work. Breatheable? I have the River West and I kept getting wet. I am looking for a quiet rain jacket that is not too bulky.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Under Armour Rain Jacket

I dont know about the Under Armour but that damn Rivers West usually leaves me wet as well. Biggest ripoff going.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

you got to use the Recharge on the rivers west. If you recharge it will work. Also, the thing with rivers west is if you get hotand its raining, it creates humidity inside the jaket causing you to feel like its wet.Thats why they have thosezipper vents all over it. I called Rivers West about this, cause i have gotten wet with rivers west too. but i re charged it and i sat in the pouring ran on saturday and stayed dry!!

a $2 bottle of re charge is what it cost to keep there stuff working, small price considering how quiet their rain gear is compared to all the competition.

on the under armour, i have heard good things, but it comes with a steep price tag.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I sent mine back due to leakage and they told me they resealed it and sent it back. Nothing was ever mentioned about recharging....after paying over 300 bucks for the jacket and pants as a set Im not spending any more on it..lol. I bet Rivers West makes and sells the recharge stuff also dont they? lol Tell me how this recharge is sposed to work if ya dont care as this is the first I have heard of it? They told me the fabric in the stuff was nearly magic anyways..lol.

I carry my gear to the stand and probably sit int he stand for 30 minutes to an hour before i put it on so sweat isnt an issue.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

They do sell the recharge stuff, but you can just as easily buy other stuff out there, there are multiple gore tex type solutions that alot of people use. Sorry to hear you spent that much and it isnt working. that sucks man.

I soak mine once a year and im good, i know that seems like a pain, but other rain gear i have i have problems with it getting torn up in the brush, i hunt a lot of creek bottoms and the undergrowth is death on clothes that rip easy also most full proof rain gear is really load. I primarily bowhunt so i cant have that.

I under stand your problem though if thats what your experience has been.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I appreciate the heads up Crenshaw..after thinking about it...spending a coupla more dollars aint gonna kill me now..lol. Its worth a try. The quiet part is the one thing I really did like about those clothes as 95% of my hunting is with the bow also. Thanks though...I will give it a try.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

Mine is not leaking. What I meant by getting wet is from the humidity inside. I only walked about 1/4 mile or less to my stand. I don't sweat either. But I'm still getting wet.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

vajsab: you have to open the zipper vents on the jacket. Open the ones in the arm pits and other various zippers depending on which jacket you have when walking. The jacket will keep you dry but humidity will build inside if you dont let it breathe while your traveling in the woods. once your seated, wait a minute till your body cools down a bit then zip up the venalation zippers. Rivers west knows that happens that why they put them on there clothes.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: crenshaw

vajsab: you have to open the zipper vents on the jacket. Open the ones in the arm pits and other various zippers depending on which jacket you have when walking. The jacket will keep you dry but humidity will build inside if you dont let it breathe while your traveling in the woods. once your seated, wait a minute till your body cools down a bit then zip up the venalation zippers. Rivers west knows that happens that why they put them on there clothes.
I still get wet even with the all the vents opened. I never zipped them up. Am I the only one still getting wet?
Old 10-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Typical Buck

when i have the zippers open i dont get wait, so im kinda confused why your getting that much humidity built up inside the jacket. Are you over dressed? Always hot? If not im stumped!!

Quick Reply: Under Armour Rain Jacket

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.