Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Arctic Shield, Sitka

Old 10-13-2008, 04:04 PM

Default Arctic Shield, Sitka

I'm reading mixed reviews on the new, hi-tech hunting garments from Arctic Shield and Sitka Gear. There aren't many reviews out there and the negative ones kind of sounded like sour grapes, but it makes me think there's a chance their products don't live up to the claims.

Can anyone give first hand testimony as to how these perform? It sounds to me like the Arctic Shield ReTain system may work well at reflecting body heat, but will this be an undesirable property when you're exerting yourself? Will wool perform at a wider range? Will this system be too hot in the middle of the day as temps rize?

Old 10-13-2008, 07:30 PM

Default RE: Arctic Shield, Sitka

I don't have any first hand experience, but from all the reviews I have read at various forums and sites that carry the gear, everyone raves about Sitka gear. In my opinion, Sitka gear seems to be the real deal despite having a price tag to go with it. At one time, I was looking into the Arctic Shield myself. I read tons of mixed opinions until I came across a detailed explanation explaining why Arctic Shield does not work. The author even proved their "dry ice" test wasn't all it was hyped up to be. Sorry, but I don't remember the site I came across the guide. It might have been linked on the Bass Pro forums. You might have some luck googling it. Just thought I would let you know all the reviews I came across when I was looking into the Arctic Shield gear.