Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Cabelas Microtex clothing

Old 10-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Cabelas Microtex clothing

Im looking at some cabelas uninsulated microtex pants and they say they dry fast, breath well, and is quiet like fleece, but also tough like denim. Has anyone here used this? Does it stand up to snags and stuff and most importantly does it really dry fast and breath well? In other words would you use it as a first layer walking inand then put your outer gear on over them?

Thanks
Old 10-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cabelas Microtex clothing

I have not used the uninsulated version but I do have a pair of the insulated pants and absolutely love them. So much that I try to pick others up when they are on sale. I have worn mine for what will be the seventh season coming up. They are quiet and softlike fleece but tough as jeans. I do have two small holes from getting snagged on barbwire but thats it. Also when you do wash them they get really soft and comfortable. They do pretty well with the rain too, don't get soaking wet. I usually wear underarmour as a baselayer then these pants and thats it. When it gets cold, below 30 degrees, I add a pair of fleece wading pants underneath the pants and I am usually good to go for the day. I do have an uninsulated shirt and an insulated bow jacket that I use also and like them just as much. Hope this helps
Old 10-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

I orders the pants, I didn't want a button up shirt. I will try to find a pullover or something. The main thing is I needed something pretty lightweight but also durable through briars and snags and such. I also needed it to wick moisture good. This is the closest to all three that I could find. We shall see how they do.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Just bought the uninsulated pants and button up shirt and have worn them 3 times so far. I don't know how durable they are yet but they are the most comfortable, soft and quiet set of hunting clothing I've ever worn. I may wear them for layering in cold weather as well. I'm seriously thinking of buying the insulated jacket.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a Cabela'suninsulated microtexjacket for the last8 years.It iseverythingit was advertised to be. It hasn't faded a bit. It's tough, soft and silent, it doesn't stiffen up and crackle in cold weather. It doesn't snag, it doesn't hold burs.I can't say anything bad about the stuff at all.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

I got my microtex lite pants in and I love them so far. IF they hold up like they say, then they will be well worth the $55. The feel and look like very good quality.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:44 AM

I've had the Microtex clothing for several years now and love it. I just ordered the Microtex-lite (Cabela's has a sale going on their Microtex line until December sometime) but will have to wait on them since they are back ordered.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Second rec on Microtex Lite pants.

I wear Predator, but don't worry about my bottom camo much and got the MO reestand since it is sort of open. I really wanted something light, strong, and quiet, and most importantly zippered pockets. I'm sometimes absent minded and have lost stuff with button pockets, especially when using climbers or climing ladders.

So far after 5 wears, the lites seem tough - didn't tear when caught on screw and they have reinforced butt and knees, so I would think the regular would be tough.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a pair of microtex pants for 8 or 9 years.They still havn't faded and they are excellent in all the area's you would like them to be.
I don't like the shirt or jacket options Cabela's has for them.The jacket cuff is not to my lilking,hopefully in the future they will have more jacket options.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

As an update, anyone interested in the Microtex line might want to check it out now! I just ordered the insulated jacket and they have the regular Microtex line of clothes at tremendous savings. My jacket was $89 and I got it for $66 and the regular pants/shirts are marked way down as well.