Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rocky boots

Old 10-05-2008, 01:32 PM

Default RE: Rocky boots

Just my opinion for my feet. I hunt paraire to 13,000ft.

I have 2 pairs of Rockies, Bear claws and (I think) Rangers. Will not buy another pair.

The Bear claws are worthless in steep to moderate terrain. I slip and slide all over the place especially in snow. I swaped out the next day to Cabelas outfitter series boot. Night and day difference. Glad I packed them along.

The other pair, I can't wear them all day. The footbed flexes way to much and my feet ache by the end of the day. Wore them last year on an antelope hunt.

For now I stick with my Danner's, Outfitter series, and Schnee's.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Spike

Default RE: Rocky boots

I have had 4 pairs of Rocky Bear Claw 800s in 4 years and I am not going back to them this year ( each replaced under warranty due to problems).

Why so many...well they fell apart. Each of them faded after a month of use and all the souls made a squishing noise as if water logged... Did not wear well at all.

Just my experience, hopefully others were better.