Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rocky boots

Old 09-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Spike

Default Rocky boots

I was thinking about buying a new pair of boots for hunting season. I am trying to decide between the rocky bear claws, 1400 thin. or the rocky deerstalker. I was wanting to see what would be the better choice. Any feedback would be really appreciated. thanks
Old 09-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rocky boots

I have an older pair of BuckStalkers, roughly 5 years old. They're great when it's warm, but my feet sweat like crazy while walking to the stand...and then get freezing cold once I sit a while.

Great boots...still wear them through most of October.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:51 PM

I have a pair of Rocky's but I dont remember what the heck they are or how much thinsulate they have... But I do like them.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:41 PM

I had the bearclaw 1000's and they took a severe beating- 2 michigan winters-about 40 days of hunting and 240 days I used them for my workboots, constantly sumberged in snow, mud, water, always had dry warm feet.I probably would still use them but I shingled a couple asphalt roofs and the shingles acted like sandpaper and wore a hole in the side and they leak now. I f I used them for hunting the would have lasted 12 years. I also like the rocky blizard stalkers nearly half the price but they only take half the beating still a nice warm boot though.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:46 PM

I have an older pair of BuckStalkers, roughly 5 years old. They're great when it's warm, but my feet sweat like crazy while walking to the stand...and then get freezing cold once I sit a while.

Great boots...still wear them through most of October.
Try dress socks, they wick the moisture away so your fee don't get so sweaty.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:06 PM

I have always been a Rocky fan having lived in Northern Minnesota that is all that I wore. I am on my second pair of snow stalkers and have had several other boots over the years. My experience though with the Bear Claws was horrible, the sole came apart after a few months and they leaked. I was told from Rocky that the soles would not be covered under warranty but they could offer a resole for a fee. At that point I did not bother to go into the leak. Mind you, this was after several attempts to get a response from their web site and by phone. I found out also that my experience with that particular boot is common, I found another forum out of the state of Georgia that had an ongoing thread about that particular boot. I will not buy Rockies again. Please keep in mind that was my experience but maybe you will get a pair and maybe they have corrected the problem. I am now a Danner fan.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

I picked up a pair of Irish Setter Tamaracks last year. I live in Manitoba, Canada where the November deer season can get quite cold. These boots have 800 gram thin. with Gore-tex and my feet were toasty warm all the way to the stand and all day sitting. Also the sole of the boot has a great lug pattern for great traction. So there is a possible option other than Rockys.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:32 AM

The only complaint I have about my Rocky Bear Claws is the soles. Mine are about 7yrs old and were only used for hunting, in Ga. so no severe weather to speak of. The soles are crumbling apart. When I asked Rocky about this 2 years ago, I never got a reponse(email). They are great wearing boots and I would buy them again but I donot like Rocky's customer service or lack of a response to be exact.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too have had issues with Rocky. Check into Danner boots (like the Pronghorn) or Schnees of Bozeman Montana.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a pair of Deer Stalker II's,1400 thin and Iam on my 9th yr with no issues at all the big deal is wearing the right sock/socks,also bought a lighter pair of Rocky's they are 400 thin but cant remember the style,this is my 1st fall wearing them and dont have any complaints as of yet but its only been 2 months.....
most of the good old hunting boots are being outsorced so the quality is going down hill and fast.

Quick Reply: Rocky boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.