Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Under Armour?

Old 09-01-2008, 11:03 PM

Default Under Armour?

So, I started a fitness program to loose 30lbs by Jan. 1st. I figure as a reward to myself I will replace most of my hunting camo. I've used Under Armour branded clothing for sports for a while and I love them, and I've also used their cold gear base layer for hunting and love it. What do you guys think of their pants, middle layers, and outer layers? The coats are very pricey at $300 so I probably won't get that but I am looking at their all season field pants or the cold gear stealth camo pants, the cold gear wind fleece pull over 1/4 zip, and the cold gear fleece pull over.

What does everyone think of these? I would use these clothes for October 1st - mid November for bowhunting, I like to stalk in the early season so I need clothing that breathes and is quiet while walking. Any advice? As vain as it sounds I would like to be able to match all my camo paterns.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:08 AM

Default RE: Under Armour?

i have talked to a bunch of people who have used the under armour and they have not been impressed with it atleast when it comes to the money you have to spend, i used to use it back wheni was playing baseball in the cold and it worked pretty decent for me, i personally use theendura skin which is bass pro's brand, and its not gonna keep you super warm its more for moisture control, tick prevention, and helps with scent control
Old 09-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like their base layers as well, but for the money I think you can get a much better outer layer. All the ones that I have tried let the wind come through pretty well. It must be noted though that I do not ownany of the outergarments, I was using a friends for my own testing purposes.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:51 PM

Any recommendations for hunting gear? I'm looking for mid layers and some pants to wear during early bow season, maybe something that would work for hunting out west or in Canada where I would have to walk a long distance.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:03 PM

Scentlok base layers.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Under Armour makes good for the under layer. The jackets are way over priced for what they offer. I wear under armour underneathe and I wear Rivers West for outter layers along with some of the dream season stuff. The Rivers West is pricey too, but its the only waterproof clothing i have found thats flexiable, quiet and its approved by the Military. Its water tight!!! The dream season stuff is great, and water proof too, but its a bit noisey when compared to the Rivers West stuff. Check out the website http://www.riverswest.com/static/index.html everyone who wears it continues to wear it!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:42 AM

Cool, I'll check it out. Right now I use the under armour base layer, and on my legs I wear Browning pants in Realtree hardwoods. I can't remember off the top of my head what jacket I have but it's also in the RealTree hardwoods, I like that pants for shotgun season since they are nice and warm, but they won't work in early fall, later summer when I'll be stalking. My mid layers are just a mish mash of hand me downs and pieces I've picked up a long the way. I always seem to get very cold on windy days so I'm trying to find a mid layer that will help keep me a little warmer.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

The Lakota Jacket by RiversWestis what i use for Mid Season and out west!! and if you put on a windshear sweater underneathe it can keep you warm in the lateseason. Between there jackets and there pants you cant go wrong. There clothes have saved me out west when storms roll in over the mountains, warm and dry when other more popular clothes would fail.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wear the underwear and its awsome on hot long walking days but at 20 bucks it spendy,other then that my base layer is sent block then whatever...
Old 09-06-2008, 07:26 PM

love under armour.....wear the heat gear for early season football, rugby and early season hunts. also wear the cold gear for late season football and all hunts once the weather becomes cooler

Quick Reply: Under Armour?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.