Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Ground Blinds

Old 08-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ground Blinds

I'm planning on purchasing a ground blind for archery/gun season. Any suggestions without breaking the bank? Thanks.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ground Blinds

I just picked up the Double Bull Darkhorse on ebay a month or so ago. I am going to hop in it for the first time and try to take a bear w/ the bow. I can't wait. Lots of room in that blind. I have tried other cheaper one's in the past and there was not quite enough room to comfortably draw the bow.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:01 PM

I agree...I bought 2 Ameristep ground blinds about 5 yaers ago. Neither one made it through the season (one I only left erected for three weeks). I bought a Double Bull Matrix 360 (now the Dark Horse) three years ago......still works fine, and my favorite stand site for my 7 year-old son.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take care in going too cheap. I have a middle of the price range "Cabelas" brand. No clue who actually made it. It has held up OK for the past two seasons. Handicapped buddy of mine has an older Double Bull. He lost an arm up to his elbow in an industrial accident. His is Double Bull is simple to set up, taking him no more than 15-30 seconds to open. It has a great design as far as room to move inside. I like mine fine, but his appears to be more rugged.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Spike

I bought an ameristep "outhouse" pop up blind about 4 years ago 3 years ago I set it up and left it , now mind you its showing some signs of UV damage but it is still there . It even lived through the flooding we had , it is only 20 ft from the river bank. it was underwater. My dad was so impressed he is gonna buy one. I would however recomend the "doghouse" version if you plan on bow hunting out of it.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is what I use, pretty happy with it. Seems to be built really well. Just make sure you get the predator camo, the cheaper one is really shiny... Best I have used for the money ($129) - and I have went through a couple of others that didn't hold up...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...amp;hasJS=true

Old 09-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have always used Ameristep Penthouse blinds with great luck,they
have been good for me!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

I have used a Ground Max- Extremeblind that I bought at Cabelas for $149.99 for a couple seasons now and it is great. I left it up for over a month during both the Fall for deerand Spring for turkey with zero damage. Double Bull is the best fabric blind out there, but the Ground Max has been great for the $.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:49 PM

I use an Ameristep "BrickHouse" blind. Have had it for 3 yrs now with no probs at all.

firstshot
-----------------------------
Make your first shot count!
Old 09-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to cast another vote for the GroundMax. I have had one for 3 years now and for hte price I don't think that you will find a better blind. Super easy to setup and plenty of roof for 2 people.

Quick Reply: Ground Blinds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.