Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Hunting SOCKS... do you guys like these? recomendations? >

Hunting SOCKS... do you guys like these? recomendations?

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting SOCKS... do you guys like these? recomendations?

Old 08-16-2008, 01:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting SOCKS... do you guys like these? recomendations?

Hey guys.. i want to know if anyone has tried the Kenetrek socks. check out the site kenetrek.com and the ones im looking at atre the Merino Lorpen Hunting ones, model LO-740 i treestand hunt 90% of the time.. and my feet FREEZE no matter what i do. im not kidding either.. they complelty FREEZE. NY hUnting weather ofcourse too. bad circulation i guess.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Spike

Default RE: Hunting SOCKS... do you guys like these? recomendations?

I tried some of the Scentlock socks last year in the light, mid and heavy sizes and they were great. You can occasionally find them on sale for around $10. I have not tried the ones you mentioned, but the scentlocks are a great sock
Old 08-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have bought a lot of cold weather socks over the years. My toes FREEZE in the stand, like you were saying. I found the best sock to be RedHead® Extreme Cold Socks @ bass pro, warmest I have found and there only around $10. I have tried Wigams extreme winter socks ($30/pair) and my feet freeze. What I recommend doing wich really does help alot, is buying sock liners. I never heard of sock liners till last year and bought a few pairs. Big difference. You can get them for around $5. Def worth it. My feet still got cold, but they dont freeze like they used to. That and I switched over to insulated rubber boots opposed to 1200gm thinsulate lace ups.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys.. thanks for your input.. really appreciated.. i think im gonna try those RedHead Extreme. sounds about right. to tell you the truth.. if a pair of sox were 40$ a pair and gureneteed my feet/toes didnt freezee.. id buy them! i just got a problem in the cold.. i cant take it.. and makes me get out of stand and back into cabin that much faster cuttin hunting short.
thanks again
Old 09-01-2008, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have the Redhead lifetime socks, but recently purchased socks from Covert Threads. They have silver infused in the thread for scent control. The guy is ex-military and builds his socks tough.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

2 things drive me out of the woods quickly, hunger and cold toes. I use the toe warmers with the adhesion. Peel off the backs and tack them in at the end of your boot. They last 3-4 hours. I find they make the difference for me on the cold mornings. I also carry a second set if needed in the afternoon. It's a pain to take your boots off midday on stand and re-apply but it keeps me on stand the whole day.