Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Broadhead entry/exit hole pics >

Broadhead entry/exit hole pics

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Broadhead entry/exit hole pics

Old 08-11-2008, 08:38 PM

Default Broadhead entry/exit hole pics

Just had a question for you folks and it may seem a little morbid but here we go. Been having a hard time finding pictures of broadhead entry/exit holes and was wondering if anybody has a good place to view these types of pictures. I know this question might sound a little off but for me it is really just a good way to judge the effectiveness of certain broadheads that I would like to try but I am afraid of spending money on goods that may not work (it's one of the ways or bits of information that help anyways). Sorry if this is in the wrong place as well but I figure since it applies to many types of game putting it in one section would not work. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Spike

Default RE: Broadhead entry/exit hole pics

http://www.ragebroadheads.com/ Try this site. Never used them but i am thinkingabout switching
Old 08-14-2008, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

Shot placement has more to do with thedamage than the broadhead itself. Any quality head will work.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't hve any pics on hand anymore, but the Slick Tricks and Crimson Talon's do some aweful damage. I believe there may be some CT pics on www.spintite.com website.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:52 PM

Thank you all for your responses and links. Also thanks to all the folks who have posted their pics on this message board and the various others if they are members. I was thinking of possibly trying to collect these and putting them up on a website (having to find them all, pics of broadhead involved and contacting pic authors for permission would take awhile but worth it i think). If I ever get that up and going I'll let you all know. Plan on trying out a dandy in three weeks, post them up when i get them. Happy hunting all.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Spike

My brother used the Rage 2blade on a 10pt last season. What a hole, It looked like it had been shot with an 30-06. I was very impressed. I have several friends that have killed deer with them and swear by them. I have only had the opportunity to use them on a bobcat that I was unable to find, but after seeing my brother's deer I will not shoot anything but Rage 2Blade.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:51 AM

I use a Muzzy four blade broadhead and it brought down my big buck with in 200 yds. Just remember that most of the time it's going to be about shot placement, you just need a broadhead that's strong enough to cut through the ribs on the way in.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Broadhead Testing
Old 09-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

like everyone else has said... shot placement and angle
Old 09-15-2008, 11:58 AM

Okay, here we go. Because this may not be suitable for all folks I am not posting a pic directly but rather a link to my photobucket account

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...u/100_3467.jpg

Now that was a slightly angling away broadside shot, pass through with a Rocket Aerohead Buckblaster broadhead. I had to dig the arrow out of the ground, it buried it up to the nock. I had nobody to hold the leg in it's regular position for the picture, and if I did the hole is approximately 4" diameter, which is alot bigger than I expected as well. I will post more throughout the year.

Quick Reply: Broadhead entry/exit hole pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.