Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Gorilla Tree Stands ???

Old 07-30-2008, 11:57 PM

Default Gorilla Tree Stands ???

I am looking to get a couple of hang on tree stands. I have been looking at the Gorilla King Kong or something along those lines.... I don't have a fortune to spend to get two millinium stands... but I was hoping someone could tell me a little about the Gorillas... duriblity, quietness, and how comfortable they are for a days hunting....

Thanks for the assistance.

MET

Old 07-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Gorilla Tree Stands ???

I have a chain on king kong I have used for 3 years.For the money it would be hard to beat.Quiet and easy to set up.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used a King Kong before, borrowed from a buddy. It hadlots of foot room and was very sturdy. Comfortable thick seat pad, easy to set up like reloader said,and as far as noise goes,I wasn't familiar with it so I made a little noise. If I owned one and used one on a regular basis, it'd be hard to beat.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

My friend has two, and I've used them extensively. They worked just fine and seemed well worth the $, IMO.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Gorilla Kong and a the GorillaField EdgePod, these stands are worth every dime I spent. I love them over any other stand I hunt out of that I own. I will be replacing the rest of them with Gorillas.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Spike

i understand the cost of the mill. stands. Are you needing two stands for 2 people, or just two locations? I purchased one last year with a set of their sticks. Then to cut cost, my other two stand locations are using ameristep tree steps from wally world. i also shopped around for other lock on stands and i'm glad i spent the little extra on the mill. It sits comfortable for long periods of time...helps me cut down on movement.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Spike

I have a pro series king Kong and its real comfortable. Almost too comfortable! very little noise too. i would suggest buying an extra ratchet strap or 2 though.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

I have 3 king kong's w/footrest and 4 kong's w/footrest good for the money. they also havegreat thick paded seats on them also. the only tricky part is to release the buckel to take down. other wise great stand. plan on buying more my self.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Spike

I love my Gorilla. It is solid and comfortable. I especially like the leveler. I'd like to have a couple more.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:56 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

Mine squeaked, so it went back to Cabela's.

Quick Reply: Gorilla Tree Stands ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.