Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Big & Tall Tree Climber

Old 07-18-2008, 09:26 PM

Default Big & Tall Tree Climber

I am 6'5" 250lbs and am looking for a climbing tree stand. I like the look and features of the Equalizer, but the man on their web-page looks like his knees are sandwiched in. I also don't want something that is real awkward and heavy to tote through the Florida heat. Being this tall makes it diffucult to use a lot of climbers where you have to start at a heavy angle.
Any TALL hunters out there (archery & gun) who could give me some real-life advice?
Thanks
Old 07-19-2008, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Big & Tall Tree Climber

check this one the summit 180's stand in max or regular--I weigh more than you so I gonna go with the max

http://www.summitstands.com/catalog.aspx?catid=summit180maxss
Old 07-19-2008, 10:12 AM

That Summit Titan looks good too. I know it doesn't switch to facing the tree, but it does look a bit larger. Any experience or pro's / con's to the Titan?
Thanks
Old 07-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm 6'5", 290. I use a Summit Viper, but would really like more room. The one I have been looking at is the Summit Titan. It has a larger lower platform, which would give me more room to put my feet on, without them hanging off. The upper platform is bigger, which would help, even though the 180 Max has a larger upper platform, but a smaller lower.

Good luck.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Summit Goliath
Old 07-25-2008, 07:22 PM

I second the Summit Goliath. I'm 6'6" and 260 and love my Goliath. I had the Viper which is one or two pounds lighter, but there just wasn't enough room inside the climber. the Goliath diffently meets my needs and it is extremely comfortable.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:26 PM

I went ahead and ordered the Summit Titan. From everything I could tell it looked like the right one for me. Once it arrives I will let ya'll know.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:07 PM

I am 6'1'' and 290 lbs. I have a Treelounge and a Summit Goliath. Goliath winds hands down. Easy transport and very comortable spent many full days in the woods sitting in it. Also gotten some good sleep with no problems Hunter Safety System and the stand surrounds you.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Call them. They have another Equalizer design which is huge! I saw it at a show. It is not on the web site, but they will sell one to you. That said, I'm using the normal sized Equalizer at 6'2" and 260lbs. I don't have much experience. Just sat in it at the show.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, he's already ordered the Summit Titan.

Quick Reply: Big & Tall Tree Climber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.