Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Big & Tall Tree Climber

Old 07-31-2008, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big & Tall Tree Climber

i here the Titan is a good one. it's based off the Goliath just a more roomier platform.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, BassPro, let us know how the Titan works for you. I'm looking at buying a new climber after the season, and this is the best one I have seen as far as dimensions.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:43 AM

I'm new here and was going to start a thread on the same subject. I'm 6' 2" and 275 lbs. Because of my weight,plus gear,clothing,size 14 boots,water,etc.I figured I would be almost maxing out the weight limit of most stands.I went with the summit 180 Max SS.Very comfortable seat,I've been in the stand all day.I like to have the lower platform as low as possible so if I have to stand up there is minimal movement.Actually this is my first climber and for me I think I made a good choice.For my big feet, the platform could be a little bigger but it's not a major problem.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

Well, I'm 6'2" 255lbs. I use a normal size climber because the big ones are heavier and I don't feel cramped in my normal sized stand. I use the Equalizer, but I haven't hunted out of it yet. I have hunted out of my normal sized Walmart stand though.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Summit is a good choice.My Goliath works well for me and I'm a big man.The titan should be even better than the Goliath for room
Old 01-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Win.88 View Post
I'm new here and was going to start a thread on the same subject. I'm 6' 2" and 275 lbs. Because of my weight,plus gear,clothing,size 14 boots,water,etc.I figured I would be almost maxing out the weight limit of most stands.I went with the summit 180 Max SS.Very comfortable seat,I've been in the stand all day.I like to have the lower platform as low as possible so if I have to stand up there is minimal movement.Actually this is my first climber and for me I think I made a good choice.For my big feet, the platform could be a little bigger but it's not a major problem.
i know this is older post but.get the FOOT REST for your 180 and your bigger feet.also face tree, this gives you MORE room and is much more comfortable.
if i was 6/2 or bigger and over 250 pds i would look into getting the TITAN..i would go and sit in the 180 MAX and TITAN.if facing tree is not important to you, sprouls choice would be TITAN .............i have big feet too but FOOT REST helped on my big feet.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am 6'4 225 but with gear and heavy clothes probably closer to 260. I have been considering the Titan as well.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Doe Dumper View Post
I am 6'4 225 but with gear and heavy clothes probably closer to 260. I have been considering the Titan as well.
doe,180 max is the same stand as titan except the platform is longer.titan you cannot face tree.180 max weights 22 pds and titan 25.
i am 6/1 210.real skinny guy.but my feet come to the edge of the 180 MAX .i got the foot rest with mine and that makes it ok but without footrest,i would WANT MORE ROOM ON LENGTH.
facing tree and i got all kinds of room for my feet.

i think the TITAN would be better for someone who is 6/2 and over.if you have long legs, put a foot rest on titan and you will have real nice set up.
when i use the foot rest on my 180 max it still is not far enough out front to strech your legs.it should be about 6 inchs longer on rest for my legs.

my legs are 34 inch inseam on my pants.i like to face the tree.180 max is unreal on comfort facing tree.you can rest your gun on the rails to shoot,tree hides you.......

the 180 max can handle a heavy person i feel.its TALL hunter where the TITAN shines,those long legs.
until i turned my 180 MAX facing tree i was not 100% happy and wished i had got TITAN .butafter facing tree,oh my, 180 max is for me. i rate it a 9 for anyone r 6 ft 2 inchs and under.
both titan/180 max will haNDLE HEAVY CLOTHES,its long legs and big feet where the TITAN shines.

go to summit site.look at 180 MAX picture of a big kid sitting facing away from tree.look at his feet location.
now go to TITAN and look at location of that kids feet.
big diffference.

Last edited by sproulman; 01-24-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Glad I kept my old tree stand

It's big enough for me and it max's out at a mere 250 pounds for total weight. No use in carrying extra weight or size when I don't need it at my age.