HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   Polaris vs Honda (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/23819-polaris-vs-honda.html)

model722 03-07-2003 04:56 AM

RE: Polaris vs Honda

Soarkrebel No problem like I' ve said in past post I' m just having fun with this thread:). Like you have said in past post, what ever machine a person buys the only way it will last is to keep up with the maitenance. I believe that all most any machine made today is going to be ok. I would definatlly put Polaris, Honda, and Yamaha in the top 3. Su-sucky seems to be doing better then they did in the past so maybe in a couple of years they will seem better to me. Now you made me go and say the S word, I' m going to go wash my mouth out with soap[X(]:D

Ruger-Redhawk 03-07-2003 06:09 PM

Soark you like to push buttons?I can' t believe that. Then again it' s possible. Pushing buttons to try and start that Honda got you in the habit LOL.You' re doing a fine job stirring up this topic.The way it' s going this topic will be around for months to come.
Ruger Redhawk

stubblejumper 03-07-2003 06:20 PM

Ruger-redhawk- Soark-has nothing on model 722 when it comes to stirring the pot.According to him he is the only one that tells the truth about quads while any incident of a belt failure or polaris problem are just lies made up by others.

deerdragr 03-07-2003 08:53 PM

Some of you boys are brutal, I love it, sounds just like my riding buddies.As far as
this belt thing on Polaris, I guess I' ll have to find out for myself. I' ve had my 500
almost completely submerged in water and in mud soup many times and it has never failed to pull me out with plenty of torque to spare. I intend on having my machine for many years to come so I don' t beat the crap out of it. Even those beloved Hondas will fail you if you abuse them. I' ve witnessed plenty of idiots out there that have no regard for their machine or their bodies. These are the dudes you read about in the paper, sometimes the obituaries.

Thanks for the welcome Ruger-Redhawk!!

Ruger-Redhawk 03-08-2003 02:03 PM

Stumblejumper; I have to agree Model 722 has been stirring the pot allot on this subject.To me it doesn' t matter what 4 wheelers people choose.None of them are perfect and never will be.All have advantages and disadvantages.

About soark if I didn' t rattle his cage he would think I was mad at him.I can' t quit ribbing him about Remington' s and Honda' s.It' s gotten in my blood .LOL.He' s trying to prove himself since Clinton is from Arkansas too!.Of course I don' t hold it against soark.He' s a much more respectable man then Clinton ever will be.I' m sure he' ll have some comments to add here.I look forward to reading his sarcastic remarks.It' s all in fun.That' s what makes the world go around.We can' t take life to seriously,there has to be time to shoot the B.S..............AND WE GET PLENTY OF IT HERE.

Ruger Redhawk

soarkrebel 03-08-2003 07:36 PM

Hey i jumped in this after 722 and rr.:D

I will have to thank 722 though for doing something nice for me and my state........ taking the clintons!:D

Now new york should get a little heat for them. after all they are residents!!!!!

Next weekend i am going to go to my hunting club. i will no doubt pull some polaris' s being there will be a few there . they know to bring there own ropes!!!!!
No the polaris' s will run ok . i just hate that they sound like they are going to blow up!! i got one guy that when he puts himself and his healthy wife on it that thing has to scream to move! His poor belt!!!!![:o]:D

Ruger-Redhawk 03-08-2003 08:16 PM

You know soark I have to agree with you this time for a change.Polaris owners do know to bring their own rope. That' s to pull those wonderful Honda' s back to camp.Then thanking Model 722 for taking the Clinton' s away from Arkansas. I wouldn' t wish that on my worst enemy. All the nice things I said about you and you come back with this comment.Maybe NY deserves one of the Clinton' s but not the whole klan of them.LOL.Keep up the good work,You' re keeping everybody on their toes.LOL.

Ruger Redhawk

model722 03-11-2003 08:15 AM

I was already to talk about ATVs and you Honda guys had to go and bring up The Clintons[X(][X(][X(]. Did ya notice Honda and Hillary both begin with H.:D
Stubblejumper I never said anybody was a liar, what I said is it sure is funny the Honda guys can say that the Polaris guys have trouble with belts, but the Polaris guys seem to say they have never seen this happen. We' ve had some polaris guys tell there problems, but belts were not one of them. That' s ok though, I know that you honda guys are mad most of the time so I' ll let it go.:D

Solitary Man 03-11-2003 10:06 AM

Well, although I' m a Honda guy as previously stated, I have always liked that Polaris independent rear suspension with all that extra ground clearance. I knew Honda would eventually come out with an ATV with an independent rear, but I have to admit that I really don' t like the looks of the new Rincon. It doesn' t have the rugged good looks of the Foreman, which I really like. It has a fragile look to it to me. But that' s just a matter of personal taste, of course. I' m sure it' s a fine machine, though, just like any other Honda.

In all honesty, I' ve never been around a Polaris, so I don' t have any first hand experience. Nobody in our hunting club, which has over 50 members, owns a Polaris. It' s mostly Hondas with a couple of Suzukis and Yamahas. I can' t recall a single Honda breakdown in all the years I' ve been hunting there and that' s the main reason I have so much faith in them.

Ruger-Redhawk 03-12-2003 04:48 PM

I can' t believe this. It looks like this topic is finally dying out.It' s been a long runner.Maybe the Honda owners are busy dragging them down to the Polaris showrooms.
Ruger Redhawk