Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

atv crust question

Old 03-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default atv crust question

hey all. i was wandering, after i wash down my 4hweeler with the power washer and put it away, do the water beads left on the bike cause rusting of the under parts of the engine, shocks and anything metal under there? i always see 4 wheeler, pretty new ones to boot, that have rust on the under parts of the machine. is that from the water being left on there? i always thought wetness and water cuase rust, so wouldnt this apple to a 4wheeler as well? if so, what could i do to prevent this maybe just wipe down the entire bike with a dry rag, or is there some sort of "cheap" air compressor that will put out air so the bike will dry - like a car wash? thanks alot i just wanna keep my new grizzly as fresh as possible.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: atv crust question

WOW...you wash your atv.......Mine all get washed with the rain or nxt water hole......anyway just wipe it down really good and a small compressor dosnt hurt if you want to blow the water off....all of the rusting comes from expossed metal i.e rock chips,wrench marks ect.....

Old 03-15-2008, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

What ranger said,I always blow mine off after power washing,mine
is a O5 and she looks brand new,but shes been where angles fear
to tread,love my Rancher!
Old 03-19-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am afraid to wash mine! Might fall apart. i have flipped, hit, pulled logs, drowned, mudded, smashed, plowed, sewn (if you crack your plastice use zip ties to stitch back together looks like a doctor did it)and done about everything you can to a quad (again, this my 2nd one) that is not recommended and it still runs. moral is as long as the air cleaner is open and new foam insides/the radiator can get air and is maintained and you change fluids once or twice a year these things run!! Quads ain't meant to be pretty, look better crudded!