HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Hunting Gear Discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion-32/)
-   -   NEED REVIEWS OF BAD BOY BUGGY (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/hunting-gear-discussion/235979-need-reviews-bad-boy-buggy.html)

brygray 03-05-2008 05:46 PM

NEED REVIEWS OF BAD BOY BUGGY

I AM HANDICAPPED AND LIVE OUT WEST. WE HUNT ALL BIG GAME ANIMALS. WE HUNT ARCHERY, RIFLE, MUZZLELOADER. IT IS VERY HARD FOR ME TO RIDE OUR 4 WHEELER. LOOKING AT GETTING A BAD BOY BUGGY. I NEED SOMETHING DEPENDABLE AS IT IS JUST ME AND MY 13 YEAR OLD SON.ANYBODY HUNT OUT WEST AND OWN A BAD BOY BUGGY? PLEASE E-MAIL WITH ANY INFO. THANKS

duckdog132 03-06-2008 12:14 AM

RE: NEED REVIEWS OF BAD BOY BUGGY

this is all you need!!!! lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnBTwBcrc_U

my dad just bought a ranger ans likes it alot. we rented both just to see what we liked better and the ranger won. better ride. more rugged etc.we use our on the farm everyday and put it through its paces. i hope this helps!!

bugsNbows 03-07-2008 10:24 AM

Seems to me somebody posted a BBB review on here not too long ago. Try a search.

zophy 03-08-2008 08:59 PM

Don't waste your money. We have two and both of them run out of power too fast. They claim they last up to 20 miles fully charged and there full of it. There also very slow. The concept is very good, becuase there very quiet and have good power, considering it's ran on batteries, but they don't keep there charge. I had to walk back to our front gate of our hunting land, because we ran out of power.

M.Magis 03-10-2008 09:13 AM

How you plan to use it dictates whether one will work for you. It just takes a little thining ahead. They aren't suited for some things, but they excel at others. I've yet to run mine dead, but have got it low.

gunny97 03-11-2008 12:57 PM

I own a BBB and love it , and as stated it is not a product for all applications.If you have a huge property or open range that may take all day and around 20+ miles of driving at fast speeds to get in and out then you dont want a buggy. if you are going to cart n to the property and drive around scouting and taking your time hunting slowly then get a buggy.
i hunt on a 4000 acre swamp and run all over for hours in the mud and rocks and not run out of juice . i have taken other hunters in with me and the equipement they had and carried out hogs and deer.
on a typical day i drive from my shed on the property to my two hog stands wich is about 4000 yards into the property, i usually drive around all over scouting and hunt the evening from one of my stands then drive out . so i probably have covered 12000 yards or so in a day and then come abck the next day and do it agiain with out a charge.
I have driven my buggie in mud and brush that had no trails but i made one. i have pulled 25 ft pine trees down(chain saw help)and 4x4x12 cemented post out of the ground with it .
needless to say i really enjoy my buggy and have put it through the paces.
i looked at all the utv makers before i bought mine and all have issues . for me it was being silent and comfortable of wich both are true.I have driven up on coyotes and hogs and deer in my buggie. it is comfortable enough that sitting all day in it over looking a trail is not a problem and when i start it up they hear nothing.
since you has a disability they are very easy to access , i would suggest not putting the gun rack in the center but use a tradition rack on the front basket

BBQ BOY 03-12-2008 10:24 AM

Exactly what Gunny said. I love mine. Has been flawless and very comfortable. I have snuck up on bucks from 20 yards without them knowing I was there. I don't travel miles and miles but have traveled up to 15 on a half charge. Mine moves fairly quick but speed is not any concern to me when I hunt. My kids love it but it will not go through quicksand like below.
Gunny,
I still want to shoot some hogs. Is the invite still open or is the season over?

gunny97 03-13-2008 09:48 PM

BBQ
\come on , my son popped a 200 pounder last week out of my favorite stand and he had 12 come in. i have until april1 to keep corn out due to turkey season but can put it back after . let me know ahead of time so i can put some funky stuff out to draw them in. if you ahve a little one bring them, my stand is a two man ladder. a idea the hunt show is the 28th, i could meet you there early and then go hunt around 4:30 till dark

glockman55 03-17-2008 05:34 AM

For the same money or less you can get a gas UTV that will go as far as you want, carry extra gas in the box if needed. BBB's are fine till the run out of power, or you have to replace the batteries.$$$

M.Magis 03-17-2008 09:33 AM

Glockman55, what is your experience that your basing your reply on? Am I right to assume that it's zero? :eek:Add up the cost of 5 years worth of fuel, then compare to the cost of batteries.
I have to wonder why some people feel the need to comment on subjects they have no knowledge of.