Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

NEED REVIEWS OF BAD BOY BUGGY

Old 04-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEED REVIEWS OF BAD BOY BUGGY

To Gunny - I have no clue why these two BBB UTV's seemed not to work well. The idea seems very good. For sure these are much, much quieter than the gas buggies. And they look tough. Lifted, aggressive tires and all.

We hunt about 3200 acres. Some of the woods roads are barely "paths" and there is good deal of up-down. Some up it very steep. There is plenty of deep mucky, gooey "gumbo" mud holes ... not that sloppy watery stuff. This stuff is heavy and sticks to everything. The BBB's just did not seem to be able to manage the sort of power demands, day in and day out that working against his sort of muck demands.

When Doc was left stranded at the far end of the lease, sitting in the middle of a low spot that had been covered in about 1 foot of water after a torrential down-pour, he had had it and sold his BBB. I think his buddy Stan sort of mirrors what Doc does. So Stan sold his as well.

As far as Rhinos, Rangers, etc. getting "stuck" in one of them is no problem to accomplish. I can and have done that with my Ranger. I still have not found the hiking boot that the knee deep gunk I drove off into sucked off my right foot. Ain't looking for it !! All I have to say about that event is thank the Lord for a winch and snatch blocks ... and curses to the skidder that made that rut. I deserved to get stuck driving off into that mess.

Seeing what I saw these two guys go through last year has just put me off the BBB.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:19 AM

Get a polaris ranger

my uncle has one and boy do they do the job
they are a bit more pricey but hey
why waste money when you can add a little to it and get top of the line
you can get all kinds of attachements like a roof windshield
bumper gaurds, mesh backing roll cage, plus they have on demand 1 wheel drive, 2 wheel drive and of course 4 wheel drive
if your looking for a sidexside
this is the end of your search
they also have dump beds that come standard that can easily hold your gear and deer
we have a gun rack mounted in ours so theres that problem gone
and they also have a nice glove box to hold ammo
and dont forget cup holders
i love the polaris ranger
they are amazing
never ever gotten stuck in it either
its amazing
they also have front compartment for holding stuff under the hood
motor is mounted under the seat

if your wanting a sidexside get this
they are absolutely amazing
Old 04-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have a electric golf cart that was custom made. I like the electric golf cart so much that my dad bought mine and I am in the process of gettinga BBB. I have done alot of research on the BBB and am sold on them. Between my dad and I we have 4 utv's that work great. We have 2 Rangers 1 Rhino and a Polaris RZR. You can't beat them in some cases and in others the cart works great. For going out to the stand I always take the Cart which works great. I see alot more game on the cart then I ever see on any of the utv's. Just my 2 cents. THe BBB has it's place which is pretty much what everybody else has said. Here is a pic of the utv's and the electric 4x4 cart

Old 04-20-2008, 04:05 PM

How does that Rzr ride
i kinda like em
but i love our polaris ranger
theyre awesome
but that Rzr looks more like a play around kinda utv
Old 04-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

I love it. The best utv I have ever had. The only thing is that they are pretty loud vs. the ranger. It rides great. After I got mine my dad wishes that he bought one.. I have a stealth exhaust coming for it, should be here tomorrow. I can't wait to see how it does
Old 05-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

they all have a place but still"they dont hear me coming" meat in the freezer 3 hogs so far this year at 20 feet from my BBB
Old 05-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

Gunny, keep yer ears open. I'm lookin. I may have to get e new one.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Spike

Default Any Updates on BBB?

Looking at a new 2009. Has independent suspension now (McPherson Struts). Looks very well made. Has BBB addressed previously seen problems?
Old 06-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

I have an 'o7 Ranger 700. Love it and wouldn't trade it for the world when it comes to using it on my 300+ acres. But when it comes to hunting, and I admit I don't know what Gumbo Mud is, but baring that, I'd hunt with a BBB. Don't have one yet but it's in my future. I love a quiet electric ride.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

These rigs are the real deal. I have posted in a couple of other threads on these but I can't tell you enough how handy these are. Some positives include: full cab, heat/ac, larger more useful box, 4x4 that will go anywhere you need, street legal in many states, 3 cyl simple setup. If something goes wrong its easy to work on as there is not a ton of electronic junk that requires a guy to take to stealership to get fixed. Not to mention these can be purchased for half the price. I suggest taking a look into these.
Attached Thumbnails  NEED REVIEWS OF BAD BOY BUGGY-2011-12-28-16.47.43.jpg  

Quick Reply: NEED REVIEWS OF BAD BOY BUGGY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.